No announcement yet.

one of the finest of the San Dimas Soloists - I present J1051

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one! I've always loved the S/S/S layout on a soloist. you only see them far and few between.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by roccotanto View Post
      it's a hot rails of some variety - my guess is seymour duncan - but since i still manage to hold onto my DiMarzio endorsement, even though I haven't released an album in a decade (lol) i am getting a set of Injectors with an Area 67 in the middle - that's what they recommended based on the guitar and the sound I am seeking....
      Nice. I've heard great things about those pickups, and they sound great in the Paul Gilbert clips I've seen.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I did a gig this past weekend with the Soloist, and just a few effects pedals, running straight into a Diamond Assassin 1x12 combo - pretty much like the 20 watt Marshall 2061 circuit style amp with a V type 70 watt celestion speaker.

The guitar sounded AMAZING. Soloists have note definition like no other rock guitar.....which is a double edged sword - if you suck, people are gonna hear it REALLY clearly....

I can't believe I spent the last 20 years spending money on boutique guitars, trying this that and the other......when I could have just gotten a nice Soloist Custom or two and been done with it!

Comment

Beautiful guitar ! You can block that trem and make it a hardtail real easy..

Comment

great grab Bobby...love the 3 way toggle in the tone hole...very interesting wiring! Enjoy
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
              great grab Bobby...love the 3 way toggle in the tone hole...very interesting wiring! Enjoy
              thanks Tracy - I am really impressed by the wiring. Whoever the tech was that wired the guitar has some real tech chops! Many of us don't use the tone knob anyhow, so why not get rid of the tone pot? This allows you to install a 3 way Les Paul style switch, and it's in a perfect spot right behind the volume knob!

This way, you are never fumbling around with the miniswitches trying to get a sound - you can have the rear pickup set to full humbucker mode, have the neck pickup set to be a deep, Hendrixy single coil sound, and have the middle position get you that out of phase Knopfler style tone. Instead of having nine tonal possibilities, this arrangement gives you TWENTY-SEVEN tonal options, all without modding or routing the guitar.

All in all, I am very grateful to have found this particular Soloist - it feels and plays great, has fantastic tone and resonance, and is in exceptionally good condition for a 30 year old guitar!

Comment

Amazing score!!! I've only seen one before, at The Music Zoo. Not sure if they still have it Although, it may have been a more recent CS). But the control layout on the one they had/have is awful.

Comment

It's a beauty but I am reluctantly putting her up for sale......long story, but you can chalk it up to relationship issues. Makes me sick to my stomach, believe me....

Comment

Bobby. you're kidding, right? Right? Oh man....tough one....incredible guitar. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
                    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Do you still have this guitar??

Comment

Thread resurrection!

Anyway what happened about the locking nut production?
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                        X