Help: Jackson San Dimas 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Sotelo View Post
    And making a final research about this Ontario Jackson, I found this interesting statement in a page that must be familiar to you all ( http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Identify.html ) :

"Warning: Someone sold the leftover, excess numbered neckplates on the black market, so if you find a guitar with a San Dimas neckplate numbered 5492 or higher, it was not made by Charvel/Jackson!"

That refers to original San Dimas era Charvels (1981-1986) not later bolt-on Jacksons

Comment

That's one thick piece of ebony

Comment

Originally posted by J.Sotelo View Post
        "Warning: Someone sold the leftover, excess numbered neckplates on the black market, so if you find a guitar with a San Dimas neckplate numbered 5492 or higher, it was not made by Charvel/Jackson!"
        So, What the hell!? (Even thou on the oficial Jackson website, it says that the serial number 1506-7303 are referent to 1989 Custom Shop Bolt-On....

San Dimas Factory vs San Dimas Model and Jackson vs Charvel
        You are talking about 4 different things.

And for the rest of the post - production vs custom shop
        In this case, production does not mean mass produced imported units.
        USA production units are still "hand made", but they aren't made to order. They are made to be 'the same' as each other - like when you buy an SL1 off of Musician's Friend, it is no different than the SL1 that I bought. Production model, not custom mode, but not an import.

Comment

That's a cool guitar - a 24 fret BOLT ON neck is an unusual feature. I love the 2 humbucker arrangement, and that thick SLAB of ebony is a hallmark of the custom shop. It's a Dinky body with a 24 fret neck - almost like a combination of a bolt-on strat and a soloist. I have seen very few like that one, and it looks factory correct to me.

Comment

Very cool. Those thick slabs of ebony are so much cooler without the binding.

Comment

I'd buy it. Looks completely legit.

Comment

Working...
              X