No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Select Process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean why do 24 stainless steel frets cost $300 more than 24 nickel frets? Why that ridiculous upcharge?

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
      I mean why do 24 stainless steel frets cost $300 more than 24 nickel frets? Why that ridiculous upcharge?
      because they know we`ll stump up the extra cash for it....

Comment

Because it's much more work to fret level....

Comment

Because people started paying 3 4 5 6 thousand dollars for new guitars... they don't get to those high prices by charging $50.oo for this option and an upcharge of $20.oo.
          All about those Benjamin's yo!
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

SS Frets eat tools. Diamond fret files, which are pricey. The frets aren't worth squat, just a pain in the ass to finish. Jackson/Fender have a plek yet???

Comment

Here's question. Do you need to pony up the whole cost up front? Or is it xx down and the rest upon completion? I am thinking of going custom select also, cheating or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                Here's question. Do you need to pony up the whole cost up front? Or is it xx down and the rest upon completion? I am thinking of going custom select also, cheating or not.
                It depends on the shop. I reached out to two of them. One said $850 down the other wanted 20%. So some form down seems to be the norm for this. I would assume if you decide against it during the build, they're probably keeping that money to cover their end.
                Heath

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                  Jackson/Fender have a plek yet???
                  I would be surprised if they didn't. A plek can hide most minor neck issues perfectly. Having one would just make sense for a manufacturer.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    I would be surprised if they didn't. A plek can hide most minor neck issues perfectly. Having one would just make sense for a manufacturer.
                    When my guitars were built and I was at the factory (a couple years ago), they did not have a plek. And, I own a guitar that had been plek'd. It good but I can do just as good by hand but it takes me forever

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread to ask some small Custom Select questions, I thought I'd just bump this thread and ask them here.

In the Options Menu (http://www.mattsmusic.com/CSTMSLCT-prod.html), the option for "No tremolo recess (top mount)" costs zero. If all I wanted was normal plain black SL2H except with a 42mm sustain block non-recessed Floyd that sits way up high above the body, with corresponding neck angle like my Shannon Soloist, will this Custom Select creation be the same price as the normal SL2H? That's really the only change I want.

I see that the Options Menu does not include an option to get a San Dimas electronics cavity route (example pictured below). Ergo, I assume it's not available and I should just drop the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                        I'm not knocking Matt, I don't know him. What I do know is low price is not always the be all end all. I received amazing service from The Music Zoo - and I'm a picky SOB
                        FWIW, Matt actually fought Fender for me to get features that TMZ just said "they said no" and weren't willing to fight, at least for me. I wanted to get the PC Splatter without the splatter and without the single inlay and without the sustainer. If I remember correctly, I got the splatter and the single inlay removed, but it would have had the PC Signature on the headstock.... I think Matt submitted close to a dozen times. I ended up not ordering it, but ended up getting my CS neckthru strathead.

But Ian did get his one-off PC. Except TMZ somehow got approval from Phil to do his. Or something, I forget the story behind that guitar.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

FWIW - TMZ fought to get me the specs I wanted like the very thin necks that Jackson did not want to do. Perhaps it's a matter of who you deal with or who they have to deal with at Jackson at the particular time Again, many folks post good things about Matt and that is cool

In the end, getting the guitar you want that makes you happy is really all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Instead of starting a new thread to ask some small Custom Select questions, I thought I'd just bump this thread and ask them here.

In the Options Menu (http://www.mattsmusic.com/CSTMSLCT-prod.html), the option for "No tremolo recess (top mount)" costs zero. If all I wanted was normal plain black SL2H except with a 42mm sustain block non-recessed Floyd that sits way up high above the body, with corresponding neck angle like my Shannon Soloist, will this Custom Select creation be the same price as the normal SL2H? That's really the only change I want.

I see that the Options Menu does not include an option to get a San Dimas electronics cavity route (example pictured below). Ergo, I assume it's not available and I should just drop the issue?
                            You can get san dimas route if you ask nice.
                            Top mount would have neck angle you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                            X