Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'86 San Dimas Soloist Headstock Paint/Decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the serial number? Kahlers were less common in 87 than 86, but they're still out there..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

SL2H, no binding over frets (did they stop that in 85?), literally almost mint condition. Serial number is: J2658

Comment

Wow it looks good. Almost too good?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpjimbo View Post
          SL2H, no binding over frets (did they stop that in 85?), literally almost mint condition. Serial number is: J2658
          I have seen it on 86's around 2K. 2685 is pretty late for 86.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
            I have seen it on 86's around 2K. 2685 is pretty late for 86.
            Other Custom Neck-thru's were between J1540-J2799? That's somewhere in the middle? The dating on the Jackson website isn't that accurate?

Comment

Without the log sheet or hang tag it's all speculation. Based on the serial, ®, and lack of nibs it's likely Q486. It could be an 87 if the website dating is inaccurate.

Comment

Just as a point of comparison, my J2375 was ordered June 20, 1986 and logged August 28, 1986. "R" logo with binding nibs. "O" and "N" do NOT touch.
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

J2352 completed 8-21-86, same logo ON don't touch.
                  Last edited by j2379; 04-01-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

The binding-over-frets stopped in late 1986, as far as I know, so that'd be correct for that serial number. Interestingly, I have an '87 Soloist with Kahler that has the San Dimas-style small control cavity and knob layout, and I've speculated that they kept old San Dimas-era body blanks around for awhile for whenever someone ordered one with a Kahler. Presumably, the model updates they made at the end of '86 included blanks being cut for a JT-6/Floyd as standard. Kahlers almost disappeared from new guitars in the late '80s.

Comment

I'm guessing the tuners have the Jackson logo on the back, but with "right angle" screw holes? These were used pretty much only on very late '86 (possibly early '87) guitars...before that tuners had no logos, and after that they switched to a 45 degree angled screw hole type with logo.

Comment

Bad copy logo - it was digitized. Also, if it was a TM-era, wouldn't the "on" letters of Jackson be almost touching? Those aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                          I'm guessing the tuners have the Jackson logo on the back, but with "right angle" screw holes? These were used pretty much only on very late '86 (possibly early '87) guitars...before that tuners had no logos, and after that they switched to a 45 degree angled screw hole type with logo.
                          45 degree with logo.

Comment

what do the other writing in the kahler rout mean as i am checking on mine as well

Comment

http://jimshine.com/logos/jackson_logos.htm

Comment

That is a fantastic Soloist,, I have been hunting for one with 2 humbuckers and a kahler. Sweet AXE,, I just bought the 1 hum bucker version but in yellow

Comment

Working...
                                X