Looking for SL2HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Those were both custom orders, as far as I know... the 23 fret Kelly was a mistake by Pablo who got fired what, 3 years ago? Not sure about the 25 fret 7 string. That's actually a mistake that would be kind of cool. lol
    I thought the 25 fret seven string an import model so the custom shop wouldn't be at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
      I thought the 25 fret seven string an import model so the custom shop wouldn't be at fault.
      No idea. Why it would be mentioned as a concern for a Custom Select order is beyond me...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
        It actually is a USA model. Here's the thread I posted about the Kelly and the 7-string. I thought it was also an import, but it was pointed out that it is USA.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...ighlight=Kelly
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          It actually is a USA model. Here's the thread I posted about the Kelly and the 7-string. I thought it was also an import, but it was pointed out that it is USA.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...ighlight=Kelly
          Someone got a bonus. lol That'd be at least a $1000+ upcharge.

Comment

No shit!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              No idea. Why it would be mentioned as a concern for a Custom Select order is beyond me...
              Aren't they both the same shop? If one side can't get it together there's little hope for the other side. Bottom line is I don't want to spend $4k and wait 6-8 months and possibly get a lemon. And maybe those are rare in another section of the shop but Jackson is not in its prime anymore.
              Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
                Aren't they both the same shop? If one side can't get it together there's little hope for the other side. Bottom line is I don't want to spend $4k and wait 6-8 months and possibly get a lemon. And maybe those are rare in another section of the shop but Jackson is not in its prime anymore.
                Custom Select and Custom Shop are two completely different things. If you are going to order a custom shop guitar, you should probably have concern that something won't go right. Custom Selects on the other hand, I haven't really seen many reports of them getting those wrong.

Why Custom Selects have a better track record than Custom Shops? I have no explanation for you... Custom Select is mostly CNC with a mix of mostly standard options, with the minimum possible handwork necessary to complete them, these aren't built alongside Customs. There is a lot less that can go wrong with them.

With a true Custom Shop order, you can spec anything you want, and with that comes more potential for them to miss or get something wrong. These are built by the expert luthiers who are not really involved with Custom Select manufacturing. The paint and setup guys are the same.

It used to be that USA Select and Custom Shop guitars were built by the same people, but that was way back before Fender moved the shop to Corona. The only reason Custom Selects are an option is because Fender automated as much standard production as they could including changing a couple of manufacturing techniques and got rid of most Jackson specific colors.

That's why it takes 6-8 months for a Custom Select and 2-3 years or longer for a Masterbuild.
                Last edited by xenophobe; 03-15-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

All the custom shop USA Jackson that I have seen were a work of art.
                  i have never seen a bad us Jackson.
                  if I wanted a 7 string, might as well get the 25 frets lol that would be a cool bonus.
                  Sl1t
                  sl2h factory emg's and custom shop color.
                  mesa dual rec, mark v. A few 1960 cabs, engl power amp and a line 6 helix.

Comment

Working...
                  X