NGD Jackson RR1T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson RR1T

Not really a NGD, I have had this guitar for several months now.
    It started out as a normal RR1T with the seymour duncans.
    Previous owner installed a leg rest on it, which I find comes in very handy.

I modified it to my liking:
    Pickup rings, control plate, and pickup selector switch tip from frets on the net. Thank you Dave
    Dimarzio tone zone and air norton.
    Switchcraft switch
    Bourns push pull volume pot for coil tap

Guitar sounds very heavy and sustains like a dream. Both pickups sound nice and dirty in single coil mode.
    I'm very pleased with how it looks and sounds.

IMG_2069.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2073.jpgIMG_2074.jpg

Nice!
    But a leg rest? It's already got a built in leg rest. Just put it between your legs, classical-style, like Randy did.

Randy.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful, simple and classic! Great score!

Comment

Classy! Congrats. Dave/FotN does great work!

Comment

An absolute beauty. Frets on the net have saved my ass a few times! hah

Comment

Dig those RR1Ts w/the original logo...congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
              Dig those RR1Ts w/the original logo...congrats!!
              My 2004 RR1T had that logo. My 2000 RR1T had a MOP logo. Not sure why they used different logos on them.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Nice!
                But a leg rest? It's already got a built in leg rest. Just put it between your legs, classical-style, like Randy did.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8610[/ATTACH]
                lol I usually always play Randy style. The leg rest is just there. If i remove from the guitar there is a small hole that was carved into the body

Thanks for the kind responses.

And the classic Jackson logo is neat. Although its kind of small compared to other classic logos.

Comment

Ah, there's a small hole carved into the body? That sucks. Still a real nice guitar, though. Enjoy! I miss mine.

Comment

These are truly GREAT Jackson Guitars....a throwback as close to the original 83-86 originals as is possible to get. Probably the LAST of the guitars that could be compared to them. Very true in both spec and feel. Such a VALUE also, at around $1200-1500. They managed to collect lightning in a bottle with the Charvel re-issues from 2006-2007....I can't figure for the LIFE of me WHAT they are doing nowadays. It almost seems like they are following ESP
                    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceberg794 View Post
                      The leg rest is just there. If i remove from the guitar there is a small hole that was carved into the body
                      Dowel & a pro paint touch-up & that'd be nearly invisible

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        These are truly GREAT Jackson Guitars....a throwback as close to the original 83-86 originals as is possible to get. Probably the LAST of the guitars that could be compared to them. Very true in both spec and feel. Such a VALUE also, at around $1200-1500. They managed to collect lightning in a bottle with the Charvel re-issues from 2006-2007....I can't figure for the LIFE of me WHAT they are doing nowadays. It almost seems like they are following ESP
                        Agreed. Its a champ. Tuning is stable as can be. Neck feels nice and meaty. The whole thing just feels solid and well made.
                        I'm not familiar with ESP, but I think Jackson is trying to keep up with today's trends. Although I think Jackson are somewhat behind Ibanez in terms of new technology, Jackson guitars have that classic, handmade, and hot rod feel to them. When I pickup my Ibanez rg655, it's a very nice guitar and sounds beautiful, but it doesn't feel or look as timeless and as hand crafted as my RR1T, DK1 or any other classic USA Jackson.

Comment

Sweet!! Nice score!
                          What do you mean... no pointy headstock???

Stay fucking metal... for life!!! Alex
                          __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
                          Jackson USA KE2 - Shattered glass
                          Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe
                          Epiphone Matt Heafy Signature Les Paul
                          Epiphone Les Paul Alpine White/black
                          Epiphone Acoustic
                          Engl Savage 120
                          Boss GT-10

Comment

Working...
                          X