X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
    Shortly after Roman died, Ron disappeared,

coincidence?

And he is back just after the statute of limitations is up. Hmmmmmm.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      +1 It was a 'production' graphic for a bit..
      Like Neilli said, it's a USA production graphic that they ran for a while. It's called skullyard. Google it and you'll see a handful of others out there. Dan Lawrence designed and painted the graphics for pile o skulls and graveyard. When J/C stopped using Dan for a lot of the graphic work, I'm guessing JC had another artist come up with a different take on those 2 prior graphics, hence the design and name skullyard.

So it's possible that the soloist at Ed Roman's is legit. If you are buying it though, I would request a close up photo of the serial number. When I was in his shop years ago, I remember seeing a Kelly and Rhoads hanging on the wall. When I checked them out, everything looked correct but the font and spacing on the serial numbers looked odd and totally different from all of my USA production Jacksons or any others that I've seen. Doesn't prove anything, just saying it looked off and made me scratch my head and wonder given Ed's reputation.

Comment

I have seen that graphic before so I would assume legit just check the serial number font like Johnny said.
        Ed was really nice to me when I was at his shop so I don't have anything bad to say about the guy.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ed wasn't really famous for producing crappy guitars... In fact, the running joke was if you found a custom BCR and it didn't have any flaws, it was probably a Ed Roman fake.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            Like Neilli said, it's a USA production graphic that they ran for a while. It's called skullyard. Google it and you'll see a handful of others out there. Dan Lawrence designed and painted the graphics for pile o skulls and graveyard. When J/C stopped using Dan for a lot of the graphic work, I'm guessing JC had another artist come up with a different take on those 2 prior graphics, hence the design and name skullyard.

So it's possible that the soloist at Ed Roman's is legit. If you are buying it though, I would request a close up photo of the serial number. When I was in his shop years ago, I remember seeing a Kelly and Rhoads hanging on the wall. When I checked them out, everything looked correct but the font and spacing on the serial numbers looked odd and totally different from all of my USA production Jacksons or any others that I've seen. Doesn't prove anything, just saying it looked off and made me scratch my head and wonder given Ed's reputation.
            I got a quote pretty fair price from them. That being said there is a Mike Learn custom shop reverse head string thru SL2h sitting at a GC by me that they are willing to deal on. I prefer the skull yard graphic but I prefer string thru. Oh dilemmas.
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Get the Mike Learn over this. The learn will always be worth more.

Comment

It looks like a nice Jackson that someone had painted or put a decal on separately after their purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH785 View Post
                  It looks like a nice Jackson that someone had painted or put a decal on separately after their purchase.
                  No, it doesn't. Did you read the rest of the thread?

Comment

Working...
                  X