No announcement yet.

serial number on soloist ? which year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial number on soloist ? which year ?

am tying to clinch a deal on a USA soloist SL2H black... serial number is U14216... any help ?

That'd be a 2004.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      That'd be a 2004.
      thanks but how to decipher ? 2004 is when jackson already sold to fender ?

Comment

I've compiled my own personal list of numbers that have been confirmed with the original hang tags. Other members here also have personal lists.

U145xx is Sept. '04
        U148xx is Nov. '04
        So, using a little guesswork, one could assume U14216 is approximately June-July, 2004.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So, using a little guesswork, one could assume U14216 is approximately June-July, 2004.
          Yep, I'll second Mudlark's guestimate. Based on my log, June-July 2004 would be about right.

Comment

yup thanks alot for the help guys ! wonderful site !

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am looking at a soloist, serial number U113XX.
              Would this be a 2001 as the second digit is a 1? Or does the scheme not work that way?
              Thanks in advance for any help!
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

No, they ran in sequence, so U113xx should be mid-2002 if my messy list is correct. U108xx was Feb. 2002.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark!

Incidentally, are these records listed anywhere online? Jackson's site only goes up to 2001, and Henrik's Audiozone.dk site has been dead for a while.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I don't think so. I compiled my list from numbers I've found online that showed the hang tags.

Comment

I don't think so. I compiled my list from numbers I've found online that showed the hang tags.
                      Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a sticky post with an unofficial record of serials and build dates? The list can be udpated with the help of the forum, instead of you having to seek for the hand tags your self. Johnnyryche's log would be very useful too. Just an opinion.​

Comment

It's been brought up before, but I'm selfish and want to keep mine.

Comment

It's been brought up before, but I'm selfish and want to keep mine.
                          You weren't too selfish to help me and the OP out with your log. Thanks again!

Comment

I'm here to help and learn.

...it ain't for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
                              Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a sticky post with an unofficial record of serials and build dates? The list can be udpated with the help of the forum, instead of you having to seek for the hand tags your self. Johnnyryche's log would be very useful too. Just an opinion.​
                              Would be wonderful! i Have a 2000 SL1 TB with Floyd UO8269 (07/17/00)

Comment

Working...
                              X