Jackson Crossroads Strat 8671

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    Looks awesome! If I didn't already have a red sparkle, I would've totally been into this run.
    Ha! That didn't stop me.

Comment

Sweet strat and tele.

This is is off topic but why do some custom shop bolt ons have a small headstock and some a large headstock ?

Comment

Some SD era heads were bigger, so it would've been correct for Vai's original.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So this custom shop order took 2 years, 8 months, and 30 days from payment to delivery (1002 days). That's got to be a record!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Some SD era heads were bigger, so it would've been correct for Vai's original.
            Check out Axewielders headstock. The 5th tuning post is really close to the top screw of the truss rod cover. This is the small headstock.

Now check this dk1 headstock. The 5th tuning post is substantially higher. This is the bigger headstock.
            IMG_1063.jpg

Ive seen many usa bolt ons with either the small one or the big one but there isn't any information on this on the custom shop order form.

Anyone why the headstocks differ in size?

Either way they both look great.

Comment

This headstock thing is interesting, I've never heard of this. I've got a few early '86 SD strats and they're the same "smaller" size. I'd say we got this detail right.

Comment

It looks like san dimas jacksons did have the smaller headstock. When they were bolt ons at least.

This rhoads as the larger one
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-J...p2047675.l2557

Pretty interesting stuff.

By the way I always wondered this. I'm a huge dinky fan. And some have the larger one and some the smaller. Ive noticed that most dk1 have the smaller ones. But from 2007-2012 they used the larger ones. Every custom shop dk1 I see usually has the smaller one.

I want to order a custom shop dk1. But idk if ima get the smaller one or bigger one lol

Comment

Very nice! Love the red sparkle with the maple/maple neck.

Comment

Yeah, this turned out awesome. Great choice.

Comment

Awesome strat man!! congrats!!red sparkle finish looks like mine

Jackson RR0191 * Jackson Strat #1814 * Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Ha! That didn't stop me.
                        Nice Tele. I dig it.

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        So this custom shop order took 2 years, 8 months, and 30 days from payment to delivery (1002 days). That's got to be a record!
                        Nope. I had one take just shy of three years. Maybe a record for a multi-piece run of guitars, though.

Comment

Is the longer headstock maybe to do with the kahler clamp needing more room further up?

Comment

Beautiful axe, man. Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Banjowarrior View Post
                              Is the longer headstock maybe to do with the kahler clamp needing more room further up?
                              I'm not quite so sure. I've seen really early soloists with the larger headstock.
                              Last edited by Iceberg794; 08-17-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

This photo in this light captures the elusive red sparkle.

_________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X