NGD...on a semi vintage roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD...on a semi vintage roll.

Like I said in my other thread, with prices so ridiculous for whatever reason, I will keep gassing.
    From my latest episode, very early USA series Soloist...now I know what the "U" means.
    1990 metallic black, 100% factory stock, excellent paint, no chips dings or scratches. Very light play wear. This guitar was lovingly and gently used.
    Quick tune up and she plays like butter, perfect intonation, low smooth action, Plays like a dream!
    I love it! Keep 'em coming.

Attached Files

very nice guitar! look like my soloist pro 1990!

Comment

was that the one that was on EBay? I almost hit that myself and if you decide to sell let me know
      looks killer
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yes I didn't buy it because I had already had one in the pipeline but when this didn't sell I picked it up. I just had to and am very glad I did. Now excuse me while I go get my acid washed jeans out of the dryer.

Comment

I'm curious what is the neck shape like on this one?

Comment

Purdy

Comment

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

Really nice. What year?

Comment

I think the Ebay listing said 1990

Comment

Been a bit over a week and I can't put this thing down. One of the best playing guitars I have owned. Nice even smooth action.
                    JE1200 screams, hard and sharp, very distinct but dialed back works pretty well for a warm clean tone. Great guitar all around. I would have happily paid 2x for it.
                    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chispallate View Post
                      very nice guitar! look like my soloist pro 1990!
                      Not surprising, since the 1990 neckthrough Pro series competed directly with the 1990 USA line. I've had several examples of both early USA and Pro models, and they were all identical in feel and quality, as many old timers here can attest.
                      These ran from 1990-1994, when Jackson finally caught on and started slowly reducing the quality and features to separate them from the USA models. Even then, changing ebony boards to rosewood was about the most they did until about 1995/96, when they really changed things more drastically on the imports.

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                      I'm curious what is the neck shape like on this one?
                      Similar to the current USA Soloist. The "flat spot" profile was almost gone by then, in favor of a more rounded profile, though you could still feel the neck get wider but not thicker the further up you go.
                      The parts near the edge of the neck were rounded, while the center flattened out, though not as drastically as the San Dimas models.

I did a graphic representation some years ago of the "C" and "D" neck profiles often used to describe Jackson necks. While Fender started the "C" and "D" designation, they were used more along the lines of part numbers than shape indicators. However, these images aren't far off from how Jackson necks feel.

If you consider the shapes of the letters "C" and "D":

and make a slight modification:

You come away with a close approximation of the San Dimas (C) and Speed (D) profiles. Notice how the curved portion of the letter "D" has a flattened spot as it arcs from top to bottom, rather than the continuous, steady curve of the letter "C".
                      Also notice how with the "D" profile, the top and bottom edges seem to bulge out more, but then make a sharper angle to the fretboard.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

kind of kicking myself for not hitting this when I had the chance.
                        I have a 95 Sl-1 coming in today, has the newer neck joint on it, I'm very curious as to what the neck shape will be like.
                        My 2001 SL2h is almost chunky compared to other Sl2's I've played .
                        my 1993 XL Pro soloist neck is very thin, so I'm hoping this one will be somewhere down the middle

thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                        X