Brand New Jackson USA SL2H with Finish Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$
    Last edited by GuitarONe; 07-16-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You didn't check if it was scratches before filing the complaint? And you didn't let the dealer off the hook with the refund since it was merely a scratch that was easily buffed out?

So now I'm going to assume what you perceive to be discolored frets will simply be poor interior lighting or the reflection of those beige walls in the background that gives everything a softer tone.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarONe View Post
          You should take a close personal look at the first three letters of the fifth word in your previous run-on sentence. I recommend an extensive eye exam and color blindness test for you, STAT.

I don't understand what your problem is, but this does not concern you. It was brand new with a $3000 price tag. It should have been pristine.
          You seem to have unrealistic expectations. You're buying a guitar, something you handle with greasy hands and attack with a sharp pointy object. It's not wall art.

Comment

$

Comment

Well that went downhill fast!...never did find out what polish he used. ��
              Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

We didn't even get to see pics of the whole guitar. I guess he took his toys and went home?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  We didn't even get to see pics of the whole guitar. I guess he took his toys and went home?

No kidding. Holy butthurt batman.

Comment

Oh and for those who are saying WTF? Here is most of the deleted content

Brand New 2015 Jackson USA SL2H.

Would you be a little ticked off?

Why was this not caught by the inpection by Jackson or by the dealer before it got to me?

Some of the frets are a little discolored, which I assume will polish out. But once again it's brand new.

The dealer with whom I purchased is checking into a repair with Jackson. I do not know if they will/can and if they do how long it will take.

All is good. I did not want to return it because the finish is now a custom shop option only. This is a made in the USA Soloist. The damage was not a finish crack but scratches. I got them out myself. I also got a partial refund so I'm happy now. The one small line just to the upper right of the light glare is a cloth fiber. The scratches are totally gone. Absolutely killer polish.

http://guitarscratchremover.com

It works great on polyester finishes, but I would be leary of using it on nitrocellulose.

You should take a close personal look at the first three letters of the fifth word in your previous run-on sentence. I recommend an extensive eye exam and color blindness test for you, STAT.

I don't understand what your problem is, but this does not concern you. It was brand new with a $3000 price tag. It should have been pristine.

Comment

Will GuitarONe come back out and play?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

FYI, that guitar scratch remover (in the link in thread #24 above) does work very, very well in case anyone was wondering. I bought some from the guy in the Lower Hall E of NAMM a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X