1988 Jackson USA Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Jackson USA Strat

I picked one of these up recently in 8/10 condition for $800... did I do good? What are these usually worth?

Maybe a little high on the price, but not horrible. Added switches though..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

$800 for a graphic one hum with ebony... is a really fair price. The closer to minty it is, the better of a deal you got.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

But it is a boring graphic in comparison to what I think of when someone says 'Jackson 80's Graphic'. In fact, just say Jackson, and my mind immediately goes to wild designs.
        And the headstock is all kinds of ordinary. It should be color matched, and pointing the opposite direction.

Comment

It's a cool strat. Like Neilli and Xeno said, fair price for a single hum graphic Jackson. If you like it and you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            But it is a boring graphic in comparison to what I think of when someone says 'Jackson 80's Graphic'. In fact, just say Jackson, and my mind immediately goes to wild designs.
            And the headstock is all kinds of ordinary. It should be color matched, and pointing the opposite direction.
            I agree thats not what I would think of when I think of late 80's design, but it screams early to mid eighties and I dig it! I am by no means the resident expert pricing these particular pieces, but anytime you can get a graphic'd, and clean USA Jackson for $800, I'd say you did fine. And like Johnny said, if you like, thats all that matters! Congrats on the new guitar, and keep taking good care of her.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I know. I am just busting balls.

I find some great deals (I just finished a post about a Model 6 - I picked it up for $225), but they are always on cheaper guitars. I rarely see any Jackson USA in my 'home area'.

Comment

Looks familiar
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Nice score. Fair price.

Comment

wasn't this up for sale here a while ago?
                    I like it , if you can rip on it and it sounds good?
                    then congrats!
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Well if you think of it, even a decade ago that was a solid $800-$1000 guitar. CJ values have not kept up with inflation, for the most part...
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I like it! Is there a cap/plug on there where a tone control would be, or two switches?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool and I seem to recall this one as well. That price is in the "fair zone", which is about all you can hope for anymore. You don't see blowout deals on these much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Very cool and I seem to recall this one as well.

Colorado man?

With a really thick black in the pocket.

Comment

I don't recall the white one.

Coloradoman had this one which he sold to msaint65 who I believe was trying to sell it recently.
                              Full Front.jpg
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X