Log Sheet J2355 to J2379

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log Sheet J2355 to J2379

This is a continuation of the log sheet topic raised in my recent NGD J2375 thread. Long story short, I had the log info for J2375 only - but not the whole page. I also knew that Walshula and J2379 owned guitars that would be logged on this page, and obviously were anxious to get some historical info on their guitars. Well, luckily I was able to get the full log sheet from J2355 to J2379. Needless to say I am pumped - hopefully this is interesting to all who may have serials in this range.

Mark

J2355-J2379 logs.jpg
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Wow thanks Mark! I'm sure allot of people will be happy to see this complete

Comment

J2359.... Bass player for Alcatrazz.

Comment

Awesome! Wouldn't it be great to see more of these?!..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Awesome! Wouldn't it be great to see more of these?!..
          +1.....I get frustrated because I know (but have no proof ) that some level of documentation HAS TO BE out there somewhere. I've googled everything I can think of, and have read hundreds of posts here dating back to the new JCF in 2002. I've read things like "the first 600 or so RR serial number logs were [take your pick] lost / destroyed / abducted by aliens / etc." Back in the day when a simple call could get you info on your guitar - how many people got info? Was that info lost when guitars changed hands? Or was it given to the new owner? So many early posts about the Rob's and the first thousand. So many people were insiders at Jackson in the day and seemed to know all. But what about logs and work orders? Someone HAS to know something. I dunno, maybe I'm too optimistic and maybe the demand for historical documentation isn't that great. I would just like to know more..........

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-logbooks.htm
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Thanks Andy....yeah the first 1000 are pretty well known and are the result of the Rob Lane / Rob Witte drama - the "Rob's" I mentioned above.

Comment

Jackson still have the work orders, but don't offer any kind of 'look-up' service. My understanding is that Rob Witte has some of the RR logs, but no idea how many..

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  Jackson still have the work orders, but don't offer any kind of 'look-up' service. My understanding is that Rob Witte has some of the RR logs, but no idea how many..
                  Ian...so you think that the infamous "filing cabinets" may still exist? Stupid I know, but I spoke to a couple of Fender customer service guys about the files - and guess what, they had never heard of them. I suggested they look in a broom closet in Corona....I don't think they shared my sense of humor.

Comment

There was a thing on the Music Zoo blog a few years ago in which they showed pics of the cabinets, KK's J0001 work order etc..

Comment

NICE, I just checked mines 2352 not 2372...I still have the info from Jackson, as i had them run the serial # back when they still did that:

According to our log book, guitar #J2352 is a red w/ blue pearl soloist
                      custom made 8/21/86 and sold to Sam Ash in Huntington Beach, California.
                      -Jackson Custom Shop

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                        - hopefully this is interesting to all who may have serials in this range.

Mark
                        Totally interesting and mine doesn't fall on this list - it's about six months out from this sheet. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Let's just hope that whoever has them also has the computer skills and the time (not a rush job when the boss is away) to scan them properly -- I really hate having to struggle to make some of this stuff out.
                          I mean, look at the catalog scans. Those things are worthless.

Comment

Worthless?? ....not to MANY that appreciate that info....

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                            the infamous "filing cabinets" may still exist?
                            They do indeed "exist"....FMIC/JCMI has the old records they unfortunately do not provide that info anymore....& that sux....arse....

Comment

I'm moving back to SoCal in 3 - 4 months. If I could fight through the red tape, or partner up with a few "insiders", I would sit next to the filing cabinets with my own scanner as long as it took to get everything in electronic format.

They do indeed "exist"....FMIC/JCMI has the old records they unfortunately do not provide that info anymore....& that sux....arse....[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X