Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson rhoads questions

Hello everyone,
    I recieved my first jackson for my birthday a few months ago and she bought it from a pawn shop.
    i have tried and tried again to find a serial number or something to tell me what kind of Jackson this is.
    Its a jackson rhoads with 22fret board with marker dots on the frets.
    the end of it has 1 knob and 1 switch
    2 pickups and its not the solid ones...you can see the silver dots on them.
    If you need a picture let me know how to post it. Thanks

Before anyone answers --- because we can't answer based on the info you posted --- I have a question for you.
    DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

If it plays nice, isn't that all that matters?
    Do you need to know that 'she' bought you the highest high end model of all time. Or the lowest Chinese import that most of us wouldn't even use as firewood. Does 'she' need to know that she over paid or that you got a tremendous deal.

If it plays well and you love that woman, play it and say thank you all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Before anyone answers --- because we can't answer based on the info you posted --- I have a question for you.
      DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

If it plays nice, isn't that all that matters?
      Do you need to know that 'she' bought you the highest high end model of all time. Or the lowest Chinese import that most of us wouldn't even use as firewood. Does 'she' need to know that she over paid or that you got a tremendous deal.

If it plays well and you love that woman, play it and say thank you all the time.
      I just wanna know what it is....thats all. i love it either way but i have a right to know

Comment

Gonna' need a pic or two of the whole guitar...front and back...body and headstock.
        You first need to load your pics to a photo sharing site such as photobucket and then copy the link here.

Does it say Made In USA on the headstock?
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Dots narrows it down.Uncovered pups (if original) narrows it further.If original, Rhoads ex Rhoads std Rhoads student Rhoads performer.What it does or doesn't say after "Jackson" on the headstock will help.The presence or lack of a neck plate and what it says if it's there would help even more.

Comment

No serial anywhere? Sounds like a Hondo fake that someone put a Jackson decal on. There should at least be a metal plate bolted onto the back of it with a number on it. If not, then it may have been a sticker at one time, but the neck would be held on with counter-sunk bolts that have washers around them. Not sure of any RR that had that neck joint, however.

Best way to find out what model it is - take off the neck and read the initial in the pocket and the heel.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              No serial anywhere? Sounds like a Hondo fake that someone put a Jackson decal on. There should at least be a metal plate bolted onto the back of it with a number on it. If not, then it may have been a sticker at one time, but the neck would be held on with counter-sunk bolts that have washers around them. Not sure of any RR that had that neck joint, however.

Best way to find out what model it is - take off the neck and read the initial in the pocket and the heel.

For a guy that "has the right to know", he doesn't seem too interested in coming back.
              His woman must have snapped the whip and told him to stop checking up on her.

Comment

sounds like an import to me

Comment

Rx10?
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                  X