JE1200 midboost w/J50BC, J80C, J90C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE1200 midboost w/J50BC, J80C, J90C

Has anyone ever tried the JE1200 midboost with all three (or at least two) of the following bridge pickups: J-50BC, J80C, J90C?

How would you describe the differences? Was one of these combinations too muddy? too shrill? etc.?

Thanks for your help,
    HG

My 91 soloist pro had a j 50 bc with mid boost. Fromwhat I remember the j 50 bc sounded very woody and deep. It's a medium output pick up. The boost gave it more cut, presence and distortion while still sounding natural. I eventually dropped a tone zone. At times I wish I still had the j 50 bc, it just sounds really clear and has excellent harmonics. Nothing too bright.

My model 6 had a j 80 c with mid boost. It's a hotter medium output pick up. The boost gave it more punch and distortion. Still sounded good wth boost all the way up. I eventually swapped the j80 c for a j 90c. Boy the j 90c is a hot pick up. No need for boost. Boost made it way too shrill and high and unnatural.

Comment

Thanks so much. Really appreciate the help.

Do you remember which setup you found more versatile? the J50bc + mid boost or the J80c + midboost ?

Comment

Imo I found the j50bc more versatile. The j50bc alone is a very dynamic pickup that really brings out low tones without being muddy or sacrificing higher harmonics. Since it has a lower out put it sounds very clear. So when you pick hard you can really hear the pick hit the strings. If more power is needed the j50bc still retains its characteristics with the je1200 boost system dialed in.

Comment

Working...
        X