1987 22 fret jackson soloist gmw re-fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 22 fret jackson soloist gmw re-fin

hi all, I haven't posted in a while but I just got my 87 soloist back from lee over at gmw and it turned out, in my opinion, amazing. this guitar had been sitting for quite some time in the back of my closet waiting for a re-fin, kinda forgot about it but it is a factory 22 fret soloist which you don't see that often and if anybody has any number on how many they build I would love to have some more info.......anyway I've always loved the rising sun graphics but wanted something a little different so I went with the ice blue metallic, which more blue was added to the base color as I thought it was too grey for me and lee was great in making me many paint samples so I could choose the actual color I wanted and he also made the suggestion of adding the marbalized white rays instead of base white and then he applied the actual gold leaf kanji text with black boarder, which says, assassin. hope you all enjoy here are some pics........

Well, that's pretty awesome! Love that shade of blue and the white marble.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow that is gorgeous. What pickups are in her?

Comment

Wow, that's pretty sweet looking, love how it all comes together. Nicely done.

Comment

P.S. - is Lee still using Dan for GMW's graphics work?

Comment

That looks amazing! What is GMW?

Comment

Yeah, that looks great! What colour was it originally, just out of curiosity?

@Pat, no, DRL doesn't do Lee's graphic work any more. Or at least, very little of it - he did John's GMW Soloist but that's the last one I heard of..
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Comment

That looks fantastic.

Great color choices.

Comment

I love that shade of metallic blue, and the graphic is great!

Comment

Top notch!

Comment

Love it. WOW...

Comment

thanks guys, she did come out better than I expected, I am so glad I saw the ice blue metallic first cause if I didn't I would have been disappointed, lee added blue to the mix to make it more of what I think ice blue metallic should be which is blue and not silver.......the pick-ups are Duncan custom in the bridge and an alnico pro 2 in the neck.

lee has his artist locked up in the basement now, he is not using dan anymore.

does anybody have any info on any other 22 fret soloists or pictures?

thanks
                          jon

Comment

Here you are: http://www.gmwguitars.com/
                            Originally posted by gallery View Post
                            That looks amazing! What is GMW?
                            Great looking take on a classic graphic.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Some of the earliest Soloists (including prototypes) from 1982-84 were 22-fretters, but I've NEVER seen another post-1984 USA Soloist with 22 frets. That is a very rare and special bird. Oh, and that paint job is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X