Cheap Jackson WR1, A fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck joint looks weird to me.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

What does exactly means WEIRD?

is it a bit different from others WR1?
      Last edited by mactaco1; 02-03-2015, 02:34 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Looks legit to me too, however I haven't seen an unpainted neck in that manner before, so I wonder which year this guitar was made?
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
          Looks legit to me too, however I haven't seen an unpainted neck in that manner before, so I wonder which year this guitar was made?
          How to know the year? I really don´t know.

Comment

It does, doesn't it? If it's a fake, it's a good one. Here's the neck joint on a legit one from 2004 with an oiled neck:

Comment

2003 sounds about right.
              Originally posted by mactaco1 View Post
              How to know the year? I really don´t know.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Ooops, I should've known better.
                Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                I guess it is a "U" but part of the letter is under low E string. U127xxx=2003 (?)
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I've seen a few guitars done with that "squared off" neck heel. Think it was a transitional thing. Notice in the one Axe posted above, the paint is squared off, but the clearcoat more follows the body contour at the heel. They now synch these up like that, both paint and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    It does, doesn't it? If it's a fake, it's a good one. Here's the neck joint on a legit one from 2004 with an oiled neck:

Yeah, that's how it should look. Better pics of the other guitar's neck would help. Maybe someone stripped it, but it's hard to tell.

Comment

I have already bought the WR1. One thing is for sure AXEWIELDER, the neck joint of your guitar is just like mine.

Comment

Well, that's good. Hard to tell from the angle of your pic.

Comment

Well, that's good. Hard to tell from the angle of your pic.
                          Too dark to see with detail? i photoshoped the same picture but i can´t upload the file from my hard disk.
                          Last edited by mactaco1; 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats Mactaco1, you got yourself one heck of a deal here. I hope it doesn't have any major dings, or scuffs!...

I thought you could track the year by the serial numbers we have here on record! Hey Toejam, do we still have that thread looming around somewhere?
                            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                              Congrats Mactaco1, you got yourself one heck of a deal here. I hope it doesn't have any major dings, or scuffs!...
                              DarkkWarrior, This is my very first Jackson USA (and may be the last) an i hope it doesn't have any major dings, or scuffs too.

Comment

Looks very real to me. Even if it were a fake, it is a hell of a nice fake.

Comment

Working...
                                X