No announcement yet.

Jackson RR 1987 Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks cool. If you like it... Who cares if it's original painting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedal Dan View Post
      It looks cool. If you like it... Who cares if it's original painting.
      Yes but it depends on what you are paying for.

Comment

Owner sells for $ 1,250.

Comment

I also offered to buy anather guitar RR1 1991 lightning moon, for $ 1,400, what do you say?

http://music-vault.ru/images/guitars...R1%2091/03.jpg

Comment

My '97 RR1 is factory dark red metallic, almost maroon. Sometimes in incandescent lighting it looks great... Other times,I think it would look better repainted in any other color.
            Last edited by Pedal Dan; 08-14-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zango View Post
              I also offered to buy anather guitar RR1 1991 lightning moon, for $ 1,400, what do you say?

http://music-vault.ru/images/guitars...R1%2091/03.jpg
              ^ that's a factory Rhoads... looks all original to me. Never saw the moon on a select before. Maybe it's a sticker, if it's not, maybe it was painted over and re-clear coated. The lightning is factory. Only way to tell is if it has the hang-tag.

$1400 is a fair high price... it looks really minty.

The first one is a POS that's been refinned. I'm pretty sure that was discussed a while back. I'd stay away from it.
              Last edited by xenophobe; 08-15-2014, 12:29 AM.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What do you mean by "friends guitar" and "refinished by Washbourn"? Washbourn company painted this picture? this information is very important to me, I do not want to buy a guitar with nonoriginal painting (sorry for my bad english).

Meaning this guitar belonged to a "friend" of the salesman @ GC I spoke to....& according to him his "friend" had this guitar refinished by Washburn....or in other words: that guitar has a "nonoriginal painting" (& your english is fine) !!

Also....$1,250.00 is too much $$ IMO!!

Comment

I will not buy a first guitar, but agreed to buy a second guitar, it's a completely original paint including the moon, I have seen the moon paint with lightning at least twice

Comment

I like the RR. Go for it.

Comment

I will not buy a first guitar, but agreed to buy a second guitar, it's a completely original paint including the moon, I have seen the moon paint with lightning at least twice
                      Well, there ya go! The Rhoads you're gonna buy looks a lot nicer than this one.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X