First USA Jackson [KV2 Content Inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First USA Jackson [KV2 Content Inside]

After YEARS of needing a USA made Jackson it's finally been done! I always said my first would be a Black KV2, now I can open up to some more wild options! Bought it used with a slew of problems of course, loose knobs, input jack, truss rod WAY out of adjustment, uneven tremolo.
    All that taken care of and fitted with my personal favorite 11 gauge strings. Here she is in all her glory.

It's got slight clear coat imperfections on the headstock, and a ding on one of the wings, but other than that it's mint.
    I have a few questions of course, what year is this thing? Serial U20537, I'm aware Jackson got sloppy when Fender bought them. I've concluded its PRE-2008 but that's the best I've gotten with any databases.
    Also, is this the tremolo arm I need? (Obviously the PO misplaced it)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine-...item5b037ac0f8
    Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

That number should be late '07 or early '08.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response! I figured about the same. Sorry for posting a boring black KV2, hopefully I'll get a chance to pick up some more interesting ones down the line!

Comment

Black is beautiful to me. My first USA model was a black SL2HT number U20306.
        Congratulations on your V.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

11 ga? Wow.

Black guitars rule... nice score! Grats on your Black KV!

(my kv is black too.. lol)
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Congrats nothing wrong with black . I have a black CS soloist .
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Thanks fellas, here's the other main players. I've also got 5 beaters including a early 80s Kramer striker. Nothing but Jackson's from now on!

Comment

Congrats! Great looking KV. And based on my log, your assembly date is February 2008 (I have another KV2 in my log that is only a couple digits away from yours and the hang tag on that one showed 2/21/08).
                Last edited by Johnnyryche; 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Nice to see another local, I'm from Madison Ohio! Funny you have one so close in serial to mine, I just had it shipped here from Orange, California.

Comment

Originally posted by Kill Em Allx View Post
                    Thanks! Nice to see another local, I'm from Madison Ohio! Funny you have one so close in serial to mine, I just had it shipped here from Orange, California.
                    I work in downtown Cleveland and live on the southwest side of town. As for the serial number, that wasn't my KV2 that is close to yours. I've been keeping my own, unofficial serial number log for USA Jackson production guitars. It's something I've done for years just for fun. But it comes in handy to help out other guys when they buy a used a guitar and are trying to figure out when it was made. Sometimes I can get pretty close, others is just a ballpark.

Enjoy the new KV!

Comment

Nice KV. I prefer black,
                      Enjoy!

Comment

I knew black had to be my first I absolutely love it and I'm not afraid to play it rough. My next purchase is a Silver or Absinthe Frost KV2 unless I find a deal on some radical CS or KV1. I've been getting the itch to find a JCM800 and unload my JSX so well see what happens.

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I just threw a quick video up.
                          Sepultra-Troops of Doom: http://youtu.be/td8sgT2FPd8

Comment

Originally posted by Kill Em Allx View Post
                            Sorry for the double post but I just threw a quick video up.
                            Sepultra-Troops of Doom: http://youtu.be/td8sgT2FPd8
                            Damn!
                            Get a strap!

Comment

The previous owner left what looks to be Schaller strap lock buttons on it and of course I don't have the other part! I'll have to pick some up this weekend as I wanted some for the Les Paul as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X