Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent group! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks for the comments folks - given that they're all pretty much built the same (kahlers and pickup configs aside), it's amazing how different they are in terms of both feel and sound.

Duckula is a very 'solid' guitar in weight and tone. The SD rev head (dark blue) has a really wide, fairly thin but 'shouldered' neck, not close to any other Jackson I've played. I'm not a fan of the Jackson pickups, but that guitar is a total time capsule (mint condition, hang tag, even has the blue plastic wrap on the case latches) so I don't want to swap them. The pink SD should also get a pickup swap (but again I don't know if I want to mess with it, even though the switches have been replaced), and likewise I'm not convinced by the Duncan Distortion in the Rising Sun.

I gotta say that there's something about seafoam Custom Select: It's my #1 player at the moment. It's really lightweight, sounds incredible, super easy action. Everything I like! If only they'd allowed me to drop the tone pot at that time! The purple '86 is #2 - I know some folks hate Kahlers and say they sound shitty, but I'd put that guitar up against anything similar for tone.
      Last edited by neilli; 07-14-2014, 06:09 PM.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I feel the same way about my recent CS Soloist 7. It has some magic in it too. Screw people who think they can't still make a great guitar

Comment

LOVE the Count Duckula! Enjoyed that show in my long gone youth.
          www.vvforums.com

Comment

How do I get in line for the Shannon if it ever leaves your place?

Comment

arrrghhh! you have a soloist with a maple board
              I'm so jealous
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Love the 1H Shannon, whish mine was a 1H!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nice to know that after my long absences, neilli still shoots his family shots the same way.

How many times has that prototype Shannon Soloist changed hands on JCF? I lost track of who had it after Brett parted with it. (That's how active I was on the forum 10 years ago to remember a name like that, and then how I practically dropped off the face of the earth after that.) It looks as if the volume knob is a little further away from the hardware than on a standard Shannon, but it could just be the angle that is fooling me...

And who stuck the EMG in it?

Comment

Yup, they're either on a couch or in a pile

I got the Shannon from Pebber in Belgium, in honesty I have no idea who he got it from. And I put the EMG in it, but I need to change it - doesn't work well in this guitar at all. Then again, neither did the Pearly Gates..

Comment

Great bunch of axes.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

That Shannon is screaming for a Full Shred.....you know I'm not a soloist guy, but that's a killer lineup.
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Great group you have there as always man! Every time I see these, it makes me want a soloist, and then, inevitably I convince myself again that I should try to love them. They never work for me.
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                            Yup, they're either on a couch or in a pile

I got the Shannon from Pebber in Belgium, in honesty I have no idea who he got it from. And I put the EMG in it, but I need to change it - doesn't work well in this guitar at all. Then again, neither did the Pearly Gates..
                            Yeah,, I kinda miss that Shannon.

I probably should have hung on to it....but, you know..... sometimes the deal is pretty good.
                            I had also not liked the orig. pearly Gates Pup in it. and I put an EMG 89 in it , It wasn't what I was looking for either, although I did get it to record real nice with it.

when you got it, did you get this hang tag with it also?

I can't really tell from the pic did the flying ashtray chip get repaired?

It went from me to Brett. and remember him later saying he sent it "over the pond" so it's a good chance that's where Pebber got it.

Sweet pile BTW.

MOSHON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I don't think I got a tag with it no, and it has some missing clear under the strings by the serial number, and then another ding on it somewhere (it's in a case in the kids room now so I can't check LOL). I have wondered about getting it re-cleared but I have no idea at all if that's viable.

Comment

Droolllll ....

Any archtops??

Comment

Working...
                                X