Need help Jackson King V 4 digit serial is it worth for the price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lepard View Post
    I'd feel better about that guitar if it had a 4 digit serial number on the neckplate
    No matter how many digits, that's not a USA neckplate..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I also had a CS bolt-on KV, though it was an ash body with rosewood-and-dots. But then that was a true 4-digit plate as well.
      I do remember that ash KV now. That was pretty sweet.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        No matter how many digits, that's not a USA neckplate..
        Yeah, I just can't tell for sure what it is, pic is too blurry. If the first 2 digits of the serial number are 00, it's probably a USA neckplate.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          6-digit plate without the address is Japan-made. Hard to tell but the plate doesn't appear to have an address.

The plate says ontario

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            The plate says ontario
            I agree... I downloaded the pic and bumped the contrast.
            Someone buffed all the black off of an Ontario era plate.
            The address is there.
            Import body, USA production plate from 1995 and who knows where the neck came from.
            -Rick

Comment

I love the block inlays with the pointy head stock though!

Comment

Finally watched the video. Anyone else notice the control cavity plates are NOT recessed ? I still think it's parts but that neck is cool.

And finally, the 6 digit USA regular production neckplate would 99.9% of the time belong on a regular spec production USA model. Now having said that, I do have an all original oddball 1993 USA 6-digit Jackson neckplated guitar in an oddball color with an oddball fingerboard and with an original Gold Charvel logo. Tim Wilson once looked it up for me and in the logs it just said "employee".

Comment

Go to 2:08 in the video. Control cavity shaped wrong. I think we have our answer. USA Jackson neck(extremely cool), USA/Ontario mid 90's USA neckplate, non-Jackson body.

Comment

Not sure if that's even a real Jackson neck or it might have a new replacement fretboard, at about .29sec in the video the binding looks smooth and I've never seen a Jackson with smooth white binding like that it's usually for a lack of a better description grated. Might be the quality of the video itself that makes it appear that way but it look's off to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X