Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching that in the bay... Glad someone here got it... congrats

Comment

well that makes me feel better , I was starting to wonder what I had actually bought.
      Not that it really matters all that much to me, she's a great player and surprisingly she sounds really good.
      The pickups aren't logo'd but the seller told me that they are
      Jackson pickups. He's had a few of these and this is the first one he didn't have to yank them out of.
      Same here I have always yanked the Jackson pickups out and dropped in Duncans.
      these are very good especially the neck single, it's not hum canceling but it really sings.
      I'm guessing this thing is Alder it sounds way too good to be Poplar?
      Last edited by kmanick; 06-23-2014, 08:00 PM.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That straight up shot of the fretboard looks lined up perfectly. I guess the first pic was at an angle. Is this of the year that would have a stamp in the trem cavity listing the specs like finish, etc.?

Comment

love the specs on that, Nick. Great colour, love the maple, the chrome. Sexy bitch. Congrats
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Same studs that are on my 1985 and 1986 Soloists. Here are a couple of 1985's with the same studs. Looks like an all original 1986 to me. Lot's of chrome floyds with black hardware back then as you had to send the Floyd in with your order to get a Floyd Rose at the time since Kramer had the exclusive rights to Floyd Rose trems.

In fact, I think I have a 1986 Soloist in that same color.

Comment

Yep, same color, same chrome Floyd with black hardware............. 1986 Soloist:

Comment

same logo too. is 86 when they moved the "made in USA" after the name?
                no specs in the trem cavity on mine.

Nice soloist
                did Jackson ever make a San Dimas Era soloist with a maple board?
                I'd love to track one of those down.
                Last edited by kmanick; 06-23-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                  same logo too. is 86 when they moved the "made in USA" after the name?
                  no specs in the trem cavity on mine.

Nice soloist
                  did Jackson ever make a San Dimas Era soloist with a maple board?
                  I'd love to track one of those down.
                  There was a lot of little weird transitional things in 1985 and 1986. Binding over frets disappeared as a standard production feature sometime in 1986. Any yes, 1986 is when they moved the "Made in USA" to after the Jackson name, just not sure if it was a perfect changeover at the beginning of the model year.

Never seen a San Dimas Soloist with a maple board.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                    Never seen a San Dimas Soloist with a maple board.
                    nor have I
                    which I find surprising as most orders at that time were custom shop customer orders were they not?
                    Not one guitarist wanted a soloist with a maple board? or was it just not an offered option at the time?
                    I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Looks all-original / all-1986 to me. Some of those large "JT6" studs actually take a SAE hex wrench, which I've never figured out. Yours might be like that, hard to tell by looking at a pic.
                      Yes, these "JT6" looking studs are just that. They look like em but they are not. The differences are they have a slightly larger hex hole, and I don't think the thread is the same, but they are pretty coarse threads by today's standards (again like the JT6). I'd like to see one up close back to back.

BTW, nice Guit!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

What a great color! Nice score.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks "ole orignel" to me....cool score....congrats Nick!!

Comment

so you got that thing. I had a deal with the guy & at the last minute he pulled out. & yes it legit & original. how much did you get it for....told me $800.

Comment

Sweet guitar. FWIW I have a June 85 Charvel with the same Floyd posts. This era bolt-on Jacksons are great because it was pre big-pickup rings and JT-6 trems. Very nice find. I like the Dinky body style a lot.
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
                                Sweet guitar. FWIW I have a June 85 Charvel with the same Floyd posts. This era bolt-on Jacksons are great because it was pre big-pickup rings and JT-6 trems. Very nice find. I like the Dinky body style a lot.
                                I get the JT6 thing but now we hate the oversized pickup rings too? :think:
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X