King V opinions please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V opinions please.....

I have two USA Select KV2's and they both obviously have the Floyd trem system on them. I was wondering if anyone had a King V that was 25.5 inch scale that has a tune o matic bridge. Now the opinions I want to hear from you guys are about if you like King V's better with a Floyd or a tune o matic. What are the differences aside from the obvious? Like I said I have never seen a KV that was 25.5 inch scale that had a string through body T.O.M bridge if they don't exist let's here from the guys with KV2T's instead. Thanks guys!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

I'll bet this one is 25.5":

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...ns-Red---Used/

Comment

My Floyded version works great for me

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        I'll bet this one is 25.5":
        Yep, it is. Got it from MZ about two and a half years ago TOM, 25.5" scale, mahogany body, maple neck.

King V - 2 - Copy.jpg

But I can't answer your question Lefty. It's the only KV I've played, so I can't compare to a Floyded KV.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ward; 05-25-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Why not both? Love my Floyd'd guitars and love my TOM guitars. I'm more of a Floyd guy, but would always prefer to have both. IMHO TOMs must have locking tuners, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
            Yep, it is. Got it from MZ about two and a half years ago TOM, 25.5" scale, mahogany body, maple neck.
            Man I'm drooling over that thing. That is seriously badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Man I'm drooling over that thing. That is seriously badass.
              +1 that's a killer shade of red.

Comment

Thanks.

It is an awesome red stain in person. The mahogany grain looks great on it.

It's got locking Sperzels on it, and a Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Comment

That red KV is tits!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Why not both? Love my Floyd'd guitars and love my TOM guitars. I'm more of a Floyd guy, but would always prefer to have both. IMHO TOMs must have locking tuners, though.
                    Not if the nut is cut properly.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Locking tuners will always have better tuning stability, even with a properly cut nut. Even more true on a pointy head shape. There's potential string slippage or hangup at the bridge, nut, and string post.

Comment

With strings installed correctly, I don't find any difference in tuning stability with locking vs standard tuning posts. 99.9% of the time, it's the nut that's the problem.

Comment

^ ....agreed....never needed locking tuners on a non-trem guitar!!

Re: TOM King Vs....yes they exist....have owned/seen several Ontario era King Vs w/TOMs....& there was an early run of KV2Ts w/25.5 scale & TOMs too....great guitars....fatter sound than a Floyd (imo) & no locking trem pain in the arse!!

Comment

Working...
                          X