KV-2 with Jumbo Frets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV-2 with Jumbo Frets

I just bought KV-2. Stock kv-2 has medium jumbo frets as far as I know but for some reason my KV-2 has real Jumbo Frets. According to serial number the guitar has been built in 2008.

Any idea why my KV has jumbo frets instead of medium? It doesn't look like refretted. I prefer jumbo frets but just wondering do I have some "special" model

Can we see a pic? Does your serial number start with a U or a J?

It's always possible that someone had it refretted.

Comment

Serial starts with U. Frets looks like factory built. I'll post pictures later.

Comment

Here's picture. Looks like factory built but maybe it's been refretted. Anyway....quality build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jevlf7avhu...520_161546.jpg

Comment

Well, those definitely look like jumbos to me Jackson is weird in that even on USA Selects they've allowed dealers to order certain variations and still call it a USA Select with a U serial number. For example, I've seen some SL2H's that had abalone inlays and non-standard colors, but they weren't Custom Shop guitars and sold for Select prices. It is truly possible that Jackson allowed a dealer to order a KV2 with jumbos, but you'll never be able to get them to verify it.

Comment

I compared frets to my CS KV which has Jumbo frets and yes...definitely Jumbo I'm more than hyppy having Jumbo frets instead of medium.

Comment

Hmmm. Hard to tell from the picture, but those frets look awful shiny and mirror-like. Stainless steel refret, maybe?

Do they feel any different to the touch? Is the shape any different?

Comment

Looks and feels same as my CS KV Jumbo Frets.

Comment

Well, you got lucky then. LOL. Congrats.

I hate those skinny, square-ish medium jumbos used on KVs. That's why I ordered my Custom Select with real jumbos, too.

Comment

I'm getting mine refretted.

Its weird that the KV2 comes with those...

On a similar note, my 1997 KV2 has jumbos for sure. And like your pic, they look factory. I did buy it used so its possible it wad ordered that way or maybe refretted.

Out of interest, how would a refretted guitar look? Any examples?

Comment

If the re-fret was done by someone good, you would not be able to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X