NGD!! RR1...my first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! RR1...my first

I have wanted one of these ever since I can remember wanting a guitar, so about 30 years.
    UPS man dropped it off today. I am super busy with work today so I haven't had time to play around but I snapped a few pics for you guys.
    It's a 1996 metallic black with OFR and EMGs. In pretty good shape for being 18 years old. Definitely a player but well taken care of.
    The worst is a bit of scratching in the big wing, not that bad and at least I don't have to worry if I add another since it isn't perfect. There are no chips and none of the tips are beat up as is so common with these on the used market.
    The case is sort of beat to shit, but I really don't care much about that.
    Can't wait to get it set up and playing.
    Enough blabbering here are the pics, I will get some better ones later.
    rr1-01.jpg
    rr1-02.JPG
    rr1-03.jpg
    rr1-04.jpg

Sweeeet! Congrats... Love the metallic!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Really nice!

Comment

I was the same way with my RR1 Lightning so I know how great it feels to finally land a long sought after Rhoads. Congrats on a sweet guitar!

Comment

Nice. I had one as well. The finish is super hard to capture with a camera. It never really gets the right level of sparkle. This was the best pic I got of it in direct sunlight...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice!!! Look forward to helping you get it set up this weekend. Just give me a hollar.
            I like black and white guitars

Comment

that's awesome. The tips are almost always dinged up on older RR's, but as you said who cares! love it dude....just play the shit out of it!
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Beauty....congrats!!

Comment

I used some 3M 39003 polish and it took out all the swirl marks where the pick hand rests. It really sparkles now.
                  This is the best I could do to capture the sparkle. It is very hard to get the light right but it looks amazing.
                  rr1-05.jpg
                  rr1-06.jpg

Comment

nice

Comment

Freakin nice color on an RR. Good score!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats! The RR remains the ultimate Jackson
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X