Jackson Lightning Sky Strat 4410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Lightning Sky Strat 4410

So Jamie hooked me up with this bad boy for a great price. There were a few things to be ironed out and a few surprises, but I'm really happy with it. I spent some time detailing it and working on the electronics and setup. I rewired it with original Jackson pups (J80C/J100). It looks to be all original other than that, but it has one of those odd woodburn necks with a matching WO number (!?) I recall some inconclusive threads about that issue. In any event, this baby is a nice player that cleaned up really well! There are a few battle scars. The JT6 is really clean, and there's almost no fret wear. The thick ebony board is killer. It's cool to see an early lightning sky. It's well done like the standard graphic, but has a bit more uniqueness to it. There's a dark green hue to the black base coat that you can see. Another +1 to darkside for giving me a cover to put on that J80C.

Comment

That turned awesome, congrats.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Very cool guitar. Love the graphic. Congrats!

Comment

The colours used on that graphic are perfect to my eyes.
          ...and that sure is a nice chunk of ebony.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            It's a good thing you don't take naked pics like the Les Paul guy from a few years back!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              It's a good thing you don't take naked pics like the Les Paul guy from a few years back!
              Yeah I should have slipped a blurry shot of my junk hanging down there to see if anybody was paying attention! :idea:

Thanks guys!

Comment

nice guitar. i met jamie recently, very nice guy. quick question re: that jackson cover. keep in mind i dont work on my own guitars and am not that bright. how do u remove it? i wanted to remove one {same like yours} from one of my guitars and was trying not to go to my tech. i pulled on it but it didnt move. i saw it before it went it so i know it just slides on. whats holding it in place? thanks... dave

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
                  nice guitar. i met jamie recently, very nice guy. quick question re: that jackson cover. keep in mind i dont work on my own guitars and am not that bright. how do u remove it? i wanted to remove one {same like yours} from one of my guitars and was trying not to go to my tech. i pulled on it but it didnt move. i saw it before it went it so i know it just slides on. whats holding it in place? thanks... dave
                  I use silicone to attach them, and I think the factory uses some similar glue if not the same thing. I've never tried to remove one, I'm always re-attaching them instead. Generally I think you can just pull them off. Perhaps there are some other tricks of the trade.

Comment

Nice axe.

I've heard just to pull the covers off as well. Some sort of rubbery cement holds them on.

Comment

Looks great, glad it all worked out. I thought the clouds on this one looked real good. some of them can be a bit stylized and cartoony.

Comment

That's a nice score! I especially like the natural finish on the back of the neck.

Comment

Looks great. Glad you could find a use for the pickup cover.
                          I have a Jackson and a Charvel and I play one in each hand.

Comment

Great score! Excellent paintjob. Found yourself a real winner!

Comment

I have a strathead woodburn neck with w/o number that goes to a rising sun im having restored. I also have a pointy with workorder but no matching body. I am thinking maybe they were inhouse replacements or something of that nature.
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X