No announcement yet.

Strange Jackson custom shop Matrix bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through a ton of legal hoops to get that one approved. The graphic is from a 3D movie poster I bought on... you guessed it, eBay! We made two Matrix models - one for him and a JJ for Scott Ian. Cool bass if you can get it.
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Hmm, maybe I was imagining that I ever saw this graphic on a soloist if it was so difficult legal-wise. It was prolly the JJ I saw and figured it would look cool on a soloist!

BTW, an interesting tidbit I picked up on this thread is how common those that are left-handed (for writing) play guitar righty. I’m not in this group, just a righty, but was wondering for those in the above group, was choosing to play righty your choice or was there pressure to conform to the correct way, or was it something more simple such as a right-handed guitar/bass the only thing available at the time?
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

For me it was a conscious decision to play righty. Even at 12 years old I realized that I would forever be stuck with very few guitar options as a lefty. My local store didn't have any, but you could special order one.

To this day I thank myself for making that choice. I love that I can pick up my friends' guitars and jam on them. If I had learned lefty I never would have the collection I have now.

Comment

In honesty, I'm kind of a strange left-hander - I write left handed (and one other important activity too LOL) but most other stuff I do right-handed. Even when I was a 6 year old jumping around playing air guitar, I did it right handed..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's very interesting, Ward.
            Makes me wonder how many lefties, especially years ago, who were Hendrix fans chose to play left handed and later regretted it.
            On the other hand, a lefty band mate told me once he chose left handed because it was easier and felt more 'natural'.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I am bi-handed.

But I do most things right handed because that is how the world is made.

Comment

I attended a Micheal Angelo Batio appearance at a GC in the 90s and he talked about how he was a natural lefty on the guitar but his teacher forced him to play righty saying something about the musical notation woudn’t be correct as a lefty…something along those lines which completely made no sense whatsoever. Anyway, that’s how he basically became ambidextrous on the guitar and how he was able to develop his double guitar technique. Since his single-necked guitar is a righty, he apparently feels most comfortable playing it that way.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I got lucky enough and made the purchase off of good 'ol eBay and got the bass in today ($1000!). I'd never seen anything like it and called FMIC to make sure it was legit and not stolen ... sure enough, 110% genuine ... it is a one of a kind and was a gift to Keanu Reeves in 2003. It is an Anti-Gravity. The gentleman from Fender that I spoke with (name being left out on purpose) authenticated the serial number and instrument with the original builders (names being left out intentionally). I got lucky on this one ... and it's going nowhere other than with my collection of Jackson CS's! Pisser is, I'm a lead guitarist and not a bass player! LOL! McD, your comment is the one that made me convinced it was real. Thank you! Cheers all!

Comment

$1,000?!? Nice score!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't understand why you would think it wasn't real. It would usually cost more to properly fake a CS Jackson than they sell for used.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

5 pounds, rare, and fun

Originally posted by McD View Post
                        Went through a ton of legal hoops to get that one approved. The graphic is from a 3D movie poster I bought on... you guessed it, eBay! We made two Matrix models - one for him and a JJ for Scott Ian. Cool bass if you can get it.
                        I designed this bass for Jackson many years ago. They built quite a few, and a bunch are out in the world touring or just playing in the house. There's even a guy who collects them. The Keanu Reeves Antigravity is a one-off paintjob, from the amazing artists at Jackson.
                        The bass is only 5 pounds, and has a very lively tone, very touch sensitive. It probably wasn't a really great fit for Jackson since it isn't a metal shape, but people who played it loved it.

If you want more info go to fleishmaninstrumentsdotcom

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X