1985 KV custom neon pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor guitars!!! Kahler!!!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Awesome guitar...but there are two posts that beat me to the Kahler. Was going to ask...how do you like the Kahler?
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
        Awesome guitar...but there are two posts that beat me to the Kahler. Was going to ask...how do you like the Kahler?
        Here's the thing:
        I have a really big collection (about 140 guitars)...I have some with Kahlers, some with Floyds, some with V-trems, some with fixed bridge, some with string through...
        I personally believe every guitar stands on it's own, and certain styles of bridge/trem suit certain guitars better.
        For example: on a Rhoads, I personally prefer either a Floyd or string-through, on a BC Rich Mockingbird a fixed bridge, on a BC Rich Gunslinger a Floyd, on a Soloist either a Kahler or a Floyd, on a San Dimas Charvel I'm wide open, and I prefer a V-trem, but have many with Floyds or Kahlers that play amazing.
        Kahlers don't bother me on some models, do bother me on others, and are yet great on others...in this case of the pink King V, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by WYLDCHYLD View Post
          Here's the thing:
          I have a really big collection (about 140 guitars)...I have some with Kahlers, some with Floyds, some with V-trems, some with fixed bridge, some with string through...
          I personally believe every guitar stands on it's own, and certain styles of bridge/trem suit certain guitars better.
          For example: on a Rhoads, I personally prefer either a Floyd or string-through, on a BC Rich Mockingbird a fixed bridge, on a BC Rich Gunslinger a Floyd, on a Soloist either a Kahler or a Floyd, on a San Dimas Charvel I'm wide open, and I prefer a V-trem, but have many with Floyds or Kahlers that play amazing.
          Kahlers don't bother me on some models, do bother me on others, and are yet great on others...in this case of the pink King V, I love it.
          I agree with Wildchyld. I have had guitars with Kahler Trems and Floyd's. I personally prefer Floyds but that a preference thing more than anything else. My hand is most comfortable on the Floyd Rose style bridge. I didn't like the way the Kahler's felt on my picking hand except for the 2700 which is an outstanding unit. Kahler tremolo units work just as good as the Floyd in the functionality department when they're set up properly in my opinion. I just personally don't like the feel and that is the only reason I prefer Floyd Rose over Kahler. The Kahler tremolo units are just as stable as Floyds in my experience as well. I've never had an issue with any Kahler I've ever owned aside from my hand liking the Floyd style better.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Coolness (including the Kahler) & welcome to the jcf!!

Comment

Here's the thing:
              And that is why I asked how he likes the Kahler. 140 is an awesome huge collection! I thought I had a lot with 23. I'd hate to be you on a string changing day.

I have been playing for 30 years (and I still suck, thank you very much). But I have played on many guitars with many styles of bridges. I personally prefer Floyds, but that is obviously a personal preference. I have a Mockingbird with a Floyd and love it. Anyway, it's all good. His is a bitchin' guitar, a piece of history, made a couple of years after I graduated high school. I am historical.

As was said before, love the matching head stock.

Back to the thread. I didn't mean to hijack.
              Last edited by DocNrock; 03-20-2014, 09:46 PM.
              The Guitars:
              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
              The Amps:
              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7022[/ATTACH]
                Hey WC what is the pickup ring situation on this? It's a bit hard to see but are they mismatched sizes? We may have to work on this issue.

Comment

Welcome! Awesome guitar...love the matching headstock!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Hey WC what is the pickup ring situation on this? It's a bit hard to see but are they mismatched sizes? We may have to work on this issue.
                    Nope, just optical illusion from the angle of the pic....

Comment

both axes in this thread are beautifully Pinktastic!!! Although the pink headstock on the OP's puts me over the edge!

Comment

Very very very awesome
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X