Can anyone Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone Help!

Hey Jackson dudes, I am getting old and am tirelessly trying to find a guitar that has all the options I want, to no avail. I am talking to Carvin right now, and they can do what I need, but I just wanted to take one last ditch effort to try and find that elusive axe here. I'm on a fixed income due to medical junk, so it all about pulling it off at the lowest price possible.:think: Why no guitar manufacturers have this combo of features is beyond me, but whatever, it is what it is. What I'm looking for is basically a Jackson Fusion with a 1 single 1 hum configuration and maple fretboard. I know Charvel made one but they are next to impossible to find and I also wouldn't mind a quilt top, finished in black. Nothing crazy right? Good luck finding this combo. Anyone know, or have this guitar? I want 24.75 scale, 1 single 1 hum, recessed floyd, maple fretboard/neck, ash body, and quilt top in black. Anything short of ordering one for $3000.00, I cannot for the life of me find a guitar like this. BTW I already have 2 Jackson Fusion's but they are getting tired and I want a maple fretboard. Maybe I should just pay to a maple board put on one of those? Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention 24 frets is a must, and with Jackson specs. I'm telling you it is hard unless I go Schecter. Blah.

Comment

You say you want 24.75" scale, but Carvin doesn't do that. They had that option a long time ago, but no longer.
      Their bolt-on guitars are 25" scale, but 22 frets. All other neck-thru and set-neck models with 22 or 24 frets are also 25" scale. Their Holdsworth and 7-string models are 25.5" (and they also have new 7- and 8-string models with 27" scale). If you don't mind the 25" scale, they will do H/S for you no problem, but they don't offer shorter. Good luck in your search.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You could put that together in a Warmoth.

Comment

This is close:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Jack...item27dee09bda

Comment

GJ2 just came out with a 24 fret 24.75" scale model, The Shredder. I haven't seen them do any lam tops, but I know everything else is doable. Starts at around $2100.

Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
            www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
            [email protected]

Comment

Musikraft will build necks and bodies for you. I'd call them and see. It will probably be a lot less than $3000 too as long as you know how to put all the pieces together.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Have you considered a GMW? Lee can build a guitar like that. Here's a link to their price menu so you can see what specs are included in the base models and what other options cost. And if you shoot Lee an email, he's quick to respond and very helpful with the build process.

http://gmwguitars.com/class/gmwprice.html

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                  Hey Jackson dudes, I am getting old and am tirelessly trying to find a guitar that has all the options I want, to no avail. I am talking to Carvin right now, and they can do what I need, but I just wanted to take one last ditch effort to try and find that elusive axe here. I'm on a fixed income due to medical junk, so it all about pulling it off at the lowest price possible.:think: Why no guitar manufacturers have this combo of features is beyond me, but whatever, it is what it is. What I'm looking for is basically a Jackson Fusion with a 1 single 1 hum configuration and maple fretboard. I know Charvel made one but they are next to impossible to find and I also wouldn't mind a quilt top, finished in black. Nothing crazy right? Good luck finding this combo. Anyone know, or have this guitar? I want 24.75 scale, 1 single 1 hum, recessed floyd, maple fretboard/neck, ash body, and quilt top in black. Anything short of ordering one for $3000.00, I cannot for the life of me find a guitar like this. BTW I already have 2 Jackson Fusion's but they are getting tired and I want a maple fretboard. Maybe I should just pay to a maple board put on one of those? Thanks in advance.
                  If you are short on cash, Charvel Fusion Deluxe is what you want. Those maple board ones come up every once in a while.

I have a stock one cobalt / indigo blue with rosewood (they put a thick slab on these old ones), and a mutt I made. It's a metallic red Charvel Fusion Deluxe body with a Jackson PRO neck, EMG 81 and EMG S wired for 18 volts, and a brand new Schaller (was going to use it for another project but decided to go OFR).

I don't have pictures but it feels and plays just as nice as my SL2H.

Comment

Working...
                  X