No announcement yet.

Battleworn Bare Knuckles installed in RR1 USA Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like them its all good, not our decision as to what you do with your guitar.LOL
    Nice RR I will say that so you get a thumbs up from me.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      If you like them its all good, not our decision as to what you do with your guitar.LOL
      Nice RR I will say that so you get a thumbs up from me.
      Yeah the boutique stuff can be hit or miss. Like Pedro..."Straight ball I hit very much, curve ball bats are afraid."

Comment

I think they look great bro! I know they sound good so that's not an issue. I always go with looks third on a guitar. Sound/tone first, then playability/comfort second and aesthetics always last. I could care less what a guitar looks like if it plays well and sounds good and I think it looks tits with the graphic and the BK pick-ups. It's almost like the lightning fried the pick up covers. Nice choice!
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 02-11-2014, 05:21 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          I think they look great bro! I know they sound good so that's not an issue. I always go with looks third on a guitar. Sound/tone first, then playability/comfort second and aesthetics always last. I could care less what a guitar looks like if it plays well and sounds good and I think it looks tits with the graphic and the BK pick-ups. It's almost like the lightning fried the pick up covers. Nice choice!
          Thanks lefty! Jackson's have always been luck of the draw for me. That RR1 feels a bit heavy in weight compared to others I tried out and the tone from that cut is exceptional. Tim at Bare Knuckle pickups is great at recommending a setup that blends perfectly with your style and goals as far as sound is concerned. I emailed him saying I play thrash and punk and wanting the new pups to look like they got hit by Lightning and Tim took it from there. That RR1 has a raw edge with a healthy dose of mids but the bright characteristic of alder is smoothed out with my Splawn's dark chunky bottom end and I'm conservative with the gain. Any coloration from pedals is removed so whatever dynamics you get from the guitar and amplifier is kept as close as possible to their natural voicing. I use only a tuner in front and a delay in the loop (a forum member's recommendation) and that's it. My OD pedals are on the side lines collecting dust.

My rack only consists of 2 Furman Power Conditioners (1 for each half-stack), a Korg DTR-2000, and soon enough an ISP Decimator ProRack G to hush the snap/crackle/pop of a loud tube amp. Amps are a 100w Splawn Nitro and a Splawn 4x12 w/ V30's and Celestion Small Blocks in an x-pattern and a Mesa Boogie mini Rectifier 25w head with an Avatar 4x12 loaded w/ V30's. Only an MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay is in the FX Loop. I have a Mesa 1x12 V30 for the mini when I need to keep things a little quiet. Jackson, Charvel, Splawn, and Mesa have been working out great for me lately so adding in the BK's were more for efficiency but I had to indulge a little bit. Just having some fun with the gear is all I'm doing.

I also have Splawn currently making a 5 space rack head for me and once everything is neatly organized I'll take some pictures and hopefully post a few clips.

Comment

Killer set up bro!!! I use all Marshall stuff myself. My rack is pretty minimal. I have a Marshall 9200 Dual Monobloc the JMP1 and the Eventide Eclipse for my effects. I own six 4X12 cabs but rarely use more than one or two. I have a bunch of old Marshall tube heads as well. Some 800's some 900's a Plexi and a TSL.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Oh wow dude are you Frankensteining that gear like a mad twisted scientist? Or are they all still operational?

Comment

Just for the hell of it!

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                  Oh wow dude are you Frankensteining that gear like a mad twisted scientist? Or are they all still operational?
                  They're all still very operational. I can't stand when something I own that's a piece of musical equipment is in disrepair. The 9200 needs new tubes in about 6 months at that most and it'll all be done by a guy who is a certified Gold level Fender-Marshall tech. His name is Arturo Boehm. He works at Lawrence Music in Pgh. Pa. He's the only person that touches my amps and has been since 1987. I bring him the tubes I want and he charges me the bench charge only to replace the tubes and bias it. It's only $39.95 for all of that and he cleans the amp inside and out as well. Lubes the pots as needed everything for $40 bucks so I can't complain. Now the tubes on the other hand are expensive as shit! LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X