NGD: sparkly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: sparkly

I saw this on Portland Oregon Craigslist while I was in the UK over Christmas - The downside was that the pics made it look like it had had a neck repair so I pretty much gave up on it. But the listing kept reappearing so when I got back to Vancouver I sent the guy an email. He assured me that it was just a crack in the clear with a couple of lifted bits of paint, and that the neck was good and had never been repaired. Obviously, this still wasn't ideal, but the price was pretty good and I really like the colour! Turns out the guy was relocating to Texas two days later, so he volunteered to ship the guitar to me on approval i.e. I didn't have to pay out anything - this was remarkably trusting (or foolhardy) given that I was just a random guy in a different country who'd responded to a CL advert!! Seemed almost too good to be true but sure enough, 5 days later the guitar arrived.

The first thing I did was get fairly medieval on the headstock to make sure everything was solid and it is. Rock solid. The seller reckoned that the finish cracks happened because someone cranked the mounting bolts for the nut too tight, but I think it probably took a knock to the tip of the head which was enough to flex the wood and cause the paint to crack, but not enough to break the neck. The only two other issues were that one of the screws for the trussrod cover was stripped so I had to drill that out so I could check the rod moves fine, and one of the trem studs is cracked at the socket, so that will need to be replaced (as per my thread in the tech section). Otherwise, it's in remarkably good condition - barely any pick haze, no scratches, dings or whatever, which is pretty remarkable for a 28 year old guitar. Anyway, on to the pics:

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Nice one! I'm not a huge fan of sparkly guitars, but that color is great.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Needs a humbucker cover. Nice grab!

Comment

DAMN thats awesome, love it.

Comment

Sexy!

You don't see those often
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Wow, love everything about that one. Turquoise sparkle finish rules, and the chrome hardware looks great with it.

Comment

Beauty Ian...that one worked out mate!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Very nice grab Ian! Love the color.

I actually got in touch with him about that guitar. He was a very cool guy, and seemed to know his Jacksons.

Was considering grabbing it, but then one of our horses needed expensive surgery. So no guitar for me

Comment

Sweet Guitar!!!

Comment

killer!!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Purty!!!
                          I like black and white guitars

Comment

Very cool, Ian! That rocks. Congrats on a nice score.

Comment

This is increasing my sparkle GAS

Comment

Working...
                              X