NGD San Dimas Strat SOLID FLAME Maple body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD San Dimas Strat SOLID FLAME Maple body

Can't help but show this one off.. I just love this one and I have been on patrol for a figured body/maple neck combo FOREVER.
    This is an early San Dimas Jackson strat that was modded. A Floyd was professionally installed over a Kahler route and a neck hum bicker was also added professionally. Top notch mods for sure!
    This is a solid maple, 2-piece body!

John 3:16

Wow, very cool. The OFR conversion looks pretty clean.

Comment

Awesome. Is it pretty heavy?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Wow, very cool. The OFR conversion looks pretty clean.
        Agreed on all accounts!
        Very Nice and nicely done.
        >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Awesome. Is it pretty heavy?
          Surprisingly-NO.. She weighs in at 8.4 lbs

Comment

Nice score! The figuring is beautiful.

I only know of one other solid maple Jackson (owned by forum member Bert), and I _thought_ he was told that it was the only one. I'll get him to chime in on this.

Comment

Thats an awesome piece right there and anyone would be happy to own that one.
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Beautiful bro! Kind of reminds me of the "Phil Collen" Solar burst!!! Nice score and HNGD!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  Beautiful bro! Kind of reminds me of the "Phil Collen" Solar burst!!! Nice score and HNGD!
                  It reminds me more of the Mike Shannon limited Solar run: (Which is my DREAM Charvel BTW)

Comment

very cool. its nice to see stuff that was modded back then by an actual PRO, so much stuff is just hacked.

Comment

Yep, that one is very similar to mine, s/n 1266 with a build date of 5/22/86. The only difference I can spot is the neck on mine has a rosewood board. Body & specs otherwise look near identical. Mine still has the kahler though, and I also modded it to add a neck pickup.

People always ask me the same thing: is it heavy? And my answer is also always "no!"... not all maple weighs a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        Yep, that one is very similar to mine, s/n 1266 with a build date of 5/22/86. The only difference I can spot is the neck on mine has a rosewood board. Body & specs otherwise look near identical. Mine still has the kahler though, and I also modded it to add a neck pickup.

People always ask me the same thing: is it heavy? And my answer is also always "no!"... not all maple weighs a ton.
                        Bert, do you mind posting a pic?

Comment

Solid maple was an option so I'm sure there are plenty out there.
                          I had one and it was over 10 lbs.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X