CS Black Transparent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Black Transparent

Everytime I see a black transparent finish guitar they always look more like "brown transparent". Once in a while I see a photo of a black transparent that actually looks black or very dark grey, but I question whether the photo is a genuine representation of the guitar there.

Has Jackson ever made a black transparent finish that doesn't look brown, but more in line with black/grey?

Yes early Dinky Exotics were there for sure. I had one (body) a while back that i built up with a USA neck it was true black/grey trans. Black if left in light fades to brownish over time.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

A lot of it depends on whether you do transparent or opaque. I know it doesn't sound like it, but it makes a huge difference. If you want it more black, I believe you'll want to go with opaque. Then you'll just have to decide on the value to determine the darkness. I hope this helps.
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I don't get black and transparent. The whole idea of black sort of is the opposite of transparent.

But yes, lighting/flash will make a difference looking at pictures.

This guitar is not as gray in person.

Comment

Look at it like this. Solid black is.....well, black. Transparent black is black plus whatever shows through....and guess what color wood is?

I tend to think they look better in person than in pics and it is true that pics can be misleading for a ton of reasons.

Comment

The answer is none, None more black!
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Well, I'm looking at the Custom Select color form. Maybe "ebony transparent" is more black/dark grey looking?

BTW... are the colors on the form the same colors the Fender uses on their guitars? (trying to find reference points if I can't find a Jackson in a certain color)

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                Look at it like this. Solid black is.....well, black. Transparent black is black plus whatever shows through....and guess what color wood is?

I tend to think they look better in person than in pics and it is true that pics can be misleading for a ton of reasons.
                This^^

Take trans black and maple which is a somewhat yellow wood and there's your brown.

Comment

Working...
                X