Warriors - Fretboard height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors - Fretboard height

What are you talking about? In my hunt for a Warrior, I've noticed an interesting phenomenon. Some have the fretboard pressed right against the body and some have it raised a little. For example, this one is right on the body, meaning the that pickups and bridge are really low.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Jackson-USA-S...qYg~~60_57.JPG

However this one raised up a bit. Or are my eyes playing tricks?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Jackson-USA-S...qM!~~60_57.JPG

Those are the highest resolution pics I could find but there are other examples out there. Never saw this on other models

Hard to tell from just looking at those 2 photos because they're at different angles, but I don't think I see what you're seeing. To me in both pictures it looks like the fretboard is right against the body.

Comment

I see what you're saying and the only things I can think of that would cause such a difference would either be depth of the route for the neck pocket, different specs on the binding thickness, OR the thickness of the neck at the heel. All of which could vary quite a bit over just a handful of builds. As long as the guitar is set up properly I don't think anyone but the most finicky pickers would ever have issue with it as far as playability goes.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

The only thing I see is de difference between the pickup hight. On the first picture the pickups are pretty much inside of the guitar.
        www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
        www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
        www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

The second pic is a reflection the necks are both set at the same height, the pickups aren't though. I know you get some tolernace with bolts on, well the pro mods especially, to do with angle and pocket depth, but I don't see it with Jacksons or these.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I think it could be an illusion because one is black and one is white. The white looks like the neck is right on the body because the binding is blending right in. The black one makes you notice where the neck joins because the binding is showing a different contrast than the black body just my opinion.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I usually find the WR1's have their fingerboards pretty much flush whereas the early 90's neckthru Warriors and all-era bolton Warriors have the board floating 2mm or so above the body surface. I can see what the OP is saying though. Perhaps they're built in different years or by different peeps at the plant :dunno: As long as the guitar plays and sounds good, it shouldn't bother anyone.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-16-2013, 03:06 PM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

^ Yeah, I'm glad you saw it. I found some other pics that show it the 2mm higher, but those were Custom Selects or something other than a regular WR1.

I just never saw a Floyd mounted so deep inside the recess (along with the pickups) which made me think it was a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                X