How many - graphic series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many - graphic series

I am just curious as to how we would figure out how many of the glow in the dark movie monsters graphics they made, and what models they all belong to.
    I have a Frankenstein. I know they did Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the invisible man (bandages, hat, and sunglasses).
    Using the Universal Studios monster list: did they do Wolfman, Bride of Frankenstein, mummy, Phantom of the Opera.

Frankenstein was shown in the catalogs. I am just curious as to how many other ones are out there from this graphic set. I have seen a couple online and some looked distorted. I think I got a good one.

Comment

I don't get it- why 3 control knobs for a single HB pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        I don't get it- why 3 control knobs for a single HB pick up?
        Vol, tone and IIRC, built in pre amp circuit...

Comment

Yeah, it's probably got a je-1200 in it. It would be tempting for me to change the knobs to bolt heads to fit the theme if it were mine. It's pretty cool.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yes@1200.
            Or as I like to say... 1 volume knob. 1 tone control. and just in case you aren't already amazed at its sound, there is a 3rd one that will kick your ass.

It's not much for 'pretty music'. But it is a great rock axe. If you aren't using distortion, do not use this guitar. No wimpy power ballads either.

Comment

I didn't know they made others besides Drac and Frank...
              The Creature? Invisible Man? Anyone got pics of these?

Comment

My buddy had a Curly from the three stooges Jackson that glowed in the dark but nobody seems to know anything about it.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by WYLDCHYLD View Post
                  I didn't know they made others besides Drac and Frank...
                  The Creature? Invisible Man? Anyone got pics of these?

It was based on the Universal Studios classic monsters. All glow in the dark. All just the head and shoulders. All in the same spot by the pickups.

I had once heard about either a lawsuit or a threat of a lawsuit over the use of the images because Jackson was using the actual actor characters (boris, bela, lon) instead of generic monsters. But I see nothing about it online. Everything comes back Michael Jackson Thriller.

Either way...
                  That is what I am trying to find out.
                  What were the monsters used. How many of each were made. And if we can break it down into guitar models.
                  I mean, when you look at the serial number list of the guitars, there really couldn't be too many that look like any one particular design since there were (for example) only 7000 custom shop bolt-ons and 6500 neck thru's made between 86 and 01.
                  Last edited by pianoguyy; 11-02-2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                    My buddy had a Curly from the three stooges Jackson that glowed in the dark but nobody seems to know anything about it.

Keeping with the monster theme....

Are you sure it wasn't Uncle Fester or maybe Nosferatu?

Comment

Only Jacksons I've seen with the Universal Monsters are Frankie and Drac. One of Hammet's ESPees had Bride, Creature, and Mummy, and Dan Lawrence did another non-Jackson with Wolfman, but I'm not sure who had it (Dweezil?)
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know that it is off topic....
                        But Halloween and its horror related.
                        My friend Cristina Shaw from Musical Decency Promotions just grabbed these. They are Limited Edition Peavey Walking Dead guitars. Only 60 were made. 4 designs to choose from.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...81290466_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                          Keeping with the monster theme....

Are you sure it wasn't Uncle Fester or maybe Nosferatu?
                          I am absolutely positive it was Curly.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X