Another new jackson cs got fxxk up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    You're absolutely right that, if Mustaine bought Jackson, things like this wouldn't be happening. Under Musty bones, they would've gone bankrupt and ceased business years ago. There would be no mistakes because there would be no guitars being built anymore! LOL
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say. Mustaine was dirt poor and now has a personal net worth of over $50 Million dollars or so I hear. Do you think he got where he's at financially by being a bad businessman? :think:
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-19-2013, 06:12 PM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

• He's an artist, not a businessman. Those two things are not even remotely the same. Not to mention the specific skills needed to run a successful guitar production business.

And that's Dave's net worth, eh? You been doing his taxes lately? LOL

Comment

• I miss the good old days when Dave was an MTV political correspondent
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

He's an artist, not a businessman. Those two things are not even remotely the same. Not to mention the specific skills needed to run a successful guitar production business.

And that's Dave's net worth, eh? You been doing his taxes lately? LOL
          LOL!!! He's a businessman first and an artist second buddy and if you think otherwise you really have no idea how the music industry works. I don't think he could do the day to day operations but I am sure he knows people who can considering he knows just about everyone from Jackson past and present and a myriad of other people with experience in running a large production company. Remember Grover Jackson was a guitar builder with no real experience in the business world and he did just fine. Running a shop like that isn't as difficult as you think if you have the right people working for and with you. Also who knows more about what guitar players want than a guy who is a pro guitar player. Jackson was great back in the day because Grover knew this much and always took input and criticism from the people he was building for. Just to let you know bro.....Making a garage band into a multi-million dollar corporation and that's what Megadeth and Metallica are now takes a very astute understanding of the business world. If Mustaine wasn't a good business man he wouldn't be worth all that money and he definitely would not have the successful career with the kind of longevity he's enjoyed. Think about it.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

• Lefty, are you familiar with logical arguments? Because your ad hominem and false analogies are clearly superior to anything else. LOL

Comment

• I have always supported Fender in their J/C endeavors. They have the capability to maintain quality and have for the most part over the years. But they are failing big time from the marketing and branding side of the equation. They clearly don't know what to do with the company. Do they really think the Phil Demmel "funny" YouTube vid was a good idea given their recent PR issues? What is the vid trying to accomplish? Is a vid like that ever a good idea? There are other ways to attempt to be funny.

Is the Custom Shop seriously down to just two or three builders? Sorry to be a doom-and-gloomer, and I've said this before, but it looks like the water is circling the drain. While Custom Select and strat-head options are cool, I'm wondering if they are last ditch attempts to revive the brand. I do believe it is possibly time for it to be sold to somebody that has a heart for the brand. Not sure that is Dave Mustaine, but there is somebody out there. The guitar market is tough. The music business is tough. Metal isn't what it used to be. But ESP, Schecter, etc. have figured out how to succeed. Going even further, look at Suhr and Anderson. Look at the new Schecter USA Custom Shop. Look at the upcoming ESP USA Custom Shop. Jackson can see those as pressure that drives them to find ways to succeed. Or they can keep doing the status quo and continue to watch the brand erode as they lose more and more orders to other brands.

Edit: what about the "Desolation" series? Who came up with that word? The definition of that word seems to be a foretelling of the J/C brand under the helm of FMIC: "a state of complete emptiness or destruction".
              Last edited by Chad; 11-19-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Sorry for all the drama. This is a brand that I cherished in my youth. It is a brand lots of guitar heroes played. It hurts to see the brand turning into an irrelevant joke.

Comment

• There were made very weird mistakes by the Jackson CS obviously, but this thread is getting pretty doomy... I mean, a masterbuilder can be replaced, right? I think there's a lot of speculating going on, but maybe I'm just missing the point.
                  Last edited by Tho; 11-19-2013, 04:55 PM.
                  www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                  www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                  www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Lefty, are you familiar with logical arguments? Because your ad hominem and false analogies are clearly superior to anything else. LOL
                    And what may I ask was illogical about anything I said? The most illogical thing said in this whole thread is your statement. "Dave Mustaine is an artist not a businessman." Yeah and Gene Simmons is an artist too bro! The fact that he had a group put together that had 70 million dollars (I heard he put up more than half the money himself) to buy the company proves he is a businessman. I don't know many "artists" trying to buy a corporate guitar company do you?
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-19-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
                      Sorry for all the drama. This is a brand that I cherished in my youth. It is a brand lots of guitar heroes played. It hurts to see the brand turning into an irrelevant joke.
                      +1

Comment

• Edited.
                        Last edited by hunter1970; 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• ...shaking head, walks out of the room...

Comment

...shaking head, walks out of the room...
                            Funny, I did the same thing after reading your posts.

Comment

• I do wish Dave bought Jackson. Still think Jackson would be in better hands with him than in Fender.

Edit: After reading this thread, I'm not down for discussing it either!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
                                I have always supported Fender in their J/C endeavors. They have the capability to maintain quality and have for the most part over the years. But they are failing big time from the marketing and branding side of the equation. They clearly don't know what to do with the company. Do they really think the Phil Demmel "funny" YouTube vid was a good idea given their recent PR issues? What is the vid trying to accomplish? Is a vid like that ever a good idea? There are other ways to attempt to be funny.
                                I totally agree on your sediments of that video, I thought it was very distasteful and unneeded after all the issues I been hearing about at the Custom Shop. Customer services is no where to be found anymore and you have to seem like a dick just to get what you paid for anymore. Imagine giving an extra 10% over the bid for your item to be well taken care of and for a job well done and it stills comes to you not up to par. It just happened to me with one of my Jacksons and and almost 13 weeks later I am still waiting on it.. What the fuck ever happened to customer services??? :think: Being a self employed custom home painter I have found the easiest way to stay working is to give my customers just alittle bit more than they paid for... everyone enjoys getting the most out of their dollar!
                                Last edited by walshula; 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM.
                                I like black and white guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X