Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom shop flawed guitar, looking for help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop flawed guitar, looking for help!!!

Hello all! I am new to the forum and I would like to share with you what happened to me, and, if possible get some help.
    Two years and and half ago I placed an order for a custom shop archtop dinky. Well, to make it short after a troubled
    building phase now the guitar finally reached the US dealer where I put the order through. To my point of view the guitar
    has several flaws rather unacceptable for such an high end instrument:

- pick-ups routes are not in axis with bridge and neck (pretty a bad thing since this a direct mouting set-up without pick-up rings);
    - bridge is not right centered with its route (too close to the bridge side of its route);
    - rear strap lock not in the right position (almost half inc toward the outputjack);

In addition the guitar was sent to the dealer without the thurs-rod cover. Despite my claims the dealer says the guitar
    is perfect and they are not going even to call back the Jackson custom shop cause they belive that's the best they can do,
    and they couldn't build this better than this.
    I contacted the Jackson customer service and they did confirm no body from the dealer side contacted the shop to even
    let them know about my claims, but they said also thay can't do anything if the dealer won't ask for a service return.

Now the dealer is making a lot of pressure on me to cancel the order, but I would really like to get the guitar with these things
    fixed. Does anybody of you know how to contact somebody at Jackson in order to let them call the dealer and force him to ship
    the guitar back for fixing?

At the following link there are some pictures, 2 taken at the music shop and one when it was still at the custom shop (the one
    with the luthiers's hand visible). Hope somebody can help! Thankyou!!!!

http://webmail.virgilio.it/cp/ps/x/v.../File Pubblici

Lots of times routing issues cause playability issues, but it looks like this one might be okay in that regard.

With that said, I have a $50 Jay Turser guitar (the cheapest gutiar I've ever owned) that has much better routing than that. I would NOT accept that guitar. It may only be visual and most people glancing at the guitar would never notice. But it'd bug me every time I looked at it. And considering it is a custom shop piece (with pricing to match)....nope....no way I'd accept it.
    Last edited by Chad; 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

totally unacceptable.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

who is this bs dealer that wont work for their customer?
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

The neck pickup route actually looks fine when you overlay an alignment grid in Photoshop. The bridge pickup route is a touch higher, maybe 1 or 2 mm.
          The trem route is completely fucked. It's too far back and off center.

The only fix for this is to rebuild the body.
          The dealer is an asshole for refusing to help get it fixed.
          -Rick

Comment

I would contact Robert at the Custom Shop Sales desk. I can give you the number if it's okay to do so on the forum but I am going to have to check with the administrator first. Also I would ship it back to Jackson with my own money if I had to especially since guys here on the forum including myself can see the flaws. They're just like Chad and Coloradoman25 said; Totally unacceptable. I would also make sure to file a formal complaint about the dealer you bought the guitar from with Jackson and I would tell everyone who would listen to me not to buy anything from him including strings or picks.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-10-2013, 05:21 PM.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
              who is this bs dealer that wont work for their customer?
              +1
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Lots of times routing issues cause playability issues, but it looks like this one might be okay in that regard.

With that said, I have a $50 Jay Turser guitar (the cheapest gutiar I've ever owned) that has much better routing than that. I would NOT accept that guitar. It may only be visual and most people glancing at the guitar would never notice. But it'd bug me every time I looked at it. And considering it is a custom shop piece (with pricing to match)....nope....no way I'd accept it.
                It's kind of ironic you and I were just having a discussion like this a couple of days ago and look what slips through the quality control!!! This is shameful. Post the dealers name!!!!
                Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Other than the problems its cool looking guitar...good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    The neck pickup route actually looks fine when you overlay an alignment grid in Photoshop. The bridge pickup route is a touch higher, maybe 1 or 2 mm.
                    The trem route is completely fucked. It's too far back and off center.

The only fix for this is to rebuild the body.
                    The dealer is an asshole for refusing to help get it fixed.
                    I just looked at the pics again and you're 100% correct. That is one of the worst trem routes I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

I would contact Alexi Laiho he seems to get Jackson to respond quickly.

Seriously great looking guitar but that quality is unacceptable.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

You should post the dealer's name coz that's fucking bullshit!

send me a PM and I'll reach out to someone I know at Jackson to try and help.....

Comment

Ouch! That's a damned shame because that's a killer looking guitar!

NOT what I want to read about at 5 months away from completion of my CS order...

Comment

If the dealer is trying to get you to cancel your order it means a) he wants to steal your deposit and/or b) someone saw it in his shop and offered to pay more.

Either way it's pretty shady.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Holy shit, that looks like a Picasso.

So everyone is kinda blaming the dealer (who is doing is crappy job for sure) but am I the only one who thinks it frightening that the prestigious Jackson Custom Shop delivers a guitar like this? I mean, I'm a few days away from ordering my own Jackson CS, but this really scares the shit out of me. What the hell?
                              Last edited by Tho; 10-11-2013, 04:41 AM.
                              www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                              www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                              www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Working...
                              X