Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me determine the cost of this Jackson guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its absurd to think anyone would try to hold a forum responsible for a bad deal... everyone knows they're just a medium. Regardless, the 100 post/6 month minimum is generally a normal requirement across the web and is totally reasonable. But regardless of that, who cares if someone is only here to sell? That means more gear available for us. As far as scams, well as you said, buyer beware. There are plenty of ways to protect yourself in a transaction, you just need to be smart about it. Whats to stop someone new purchasing a platinum membership and ripping someone off? The platinum doesn't protect anyone, it just lines someones pockets. Im on multiple car forums and there are a lot of people there that mostly sell stuff... and you know what that does to a forum? It brings more people to it, and makes more parts available to members. Its just a damn shame that the attitudes towards n00bs and Jeremey's greed is probably going to kill this forum.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Its absurd to think anyone would try to hold a forum responsible for a bad deal... everyone knows they're just a medium. Regardless, the 100 post/6 month minimum is generally a normal requirement across the web and is totally reasonable. But regardless of that, who cares if someone is only here to sell? That means more gear available for us. As far as scams, well as you said, buyer beware. There are plenty of ways to protect yourself in a transaction, you just need to be smart about it. Whats to stop someone new purchasing a platinum membership and ripping someone off? The platinum doesn't protect anyone, it just lines someones pockets. Im on multiple car forums and there are a lot of people there that mostly sell stuff... and you know what that does to a forum? It brings more people to it, and makes more parts available to members. Its just a damn shame that the attitudes towards n00bs and Jeremey's greed is probably going to kill this forum.
      I would think having a Platinum status does most certainly protect the buyer and seller as well. If you have a platinum status here and you rip someone off I think the Admins will have credit card info or a way to find that info about you that you used to pay for the Platinum Membership. Which is most certainly enough info to turn over to the police and have you prosecuted for said scam. Which you should be as well! I for one think this group of people on here should create a Lynch Mob guitar justice panel and when one of us gets ripped off we go burn the S.O.B.'s house down!!!
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Nah, it doesn't work like that. The message board bears no responsibility for transactions. They can ban people for a bad transaction, and other platinum members can vote to ban other platinum members status, that's about it really as far as transactions go.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X