NGD my first USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD my first USA

My first USA Jackson. Found this on GC used site last week. 1987, four digit (17xx) bolt-on strat. Or is it a Dinky? - has rounded edges like a Model series. Single hum (Duncan TB12), dirty maple fret board, quartersawn, oiled, maple neck (I think) and a Kahler. Just needs a major cleaning and set up. Except for the Duncan - taped up wiring - it looks completely stock. The brass (copper?) lining inside the control route looks cut a little sloppy. Neck pocket says "Bo McDonald" and the date 3-6-87. Did I get fooled or do you think it's legit? I only ask because I've never heard the BM name mentioned before and it sure looks an awful lot like my Model 2 (except for the shape of the control route). Nor have I seen many for that price, but maybe only because it's a Kahler?
    Dinky full couch post.jpg
    dinky back cover post.jpg
    dinky neck writing2 post.jpgDinky neck pocket name post.jpg

Two more:
    dinky trem pocket post.jpg
    Dinky control route post.jpg

Comment

Strat. I own S/N: 1020, 20th made.

nice find

Comment

Awesome score bro and HNGD!!!!
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Cool, yeah that's a strat. It's hard to see but looks like the work orders are off by one digit? Weird. Other than that wiring it looks pretty tight.

Comment

Axe ive opened up a few like that over the years that i was fairly damn certain were correct. I had a charvel with sharkies like that from the end of the run and I had one of the graphic guitars that had the graphic listed on the neck as well that was 2 numbers off; all I can figure is maybe the neck got damaged during the build so another was constructed?
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks guys! Axe - you're right. Neck says 0204 and trem pocket says 0203. Go figure. Will Jackson still look up work orders or is 1987 too far back?

Comment

Nice looks legit to me. Does it have a cap on the headstock or is it painted. And Jackson won't verify serials or wo# s anymore.

Comment

I'm Jelly

sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

"This is Bo McDonald. Who the F are you telling me my BRASS shield plate is a little sloppy? I have to cut up fitty of dem a day. Let's see you do it better!"

Comment

Congrats ....cool score....& yes - legit!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        "This is Bo McDonald. Who the F are you telling me my BRASS shield plate is a little sloppy? I have to cut up fitty of dem a day. Let's see you do it better!"
                        Sorry DonBo! Fiddee would make me tired too.

j2379 - Pretty sure it's a painted because the tip and a little before it were chipped. But I'll take a look when I get home.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
                        X