• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A group shot of all my USA Jacksons and 2 Ovations

All I can say is I like black and white guitars

Top of couch... 1986 XPL Kelly
    Left arm... 1985 Ovation Custom Balladeer Right arm... LX Elite Ovation
    On Coach back row left to right... SL2HT, DK-1, Broderick, 1987 Soloist and Fusion. front row... Custom shop Arch-top, Diagonal mutt, checkered mut, Custom shop snowblind (hardware changed to black)
    In front of coach... 1985 Bass, KE-2, JJ-7, 1986 Kelly, Bikini graphic Fusion.
    On pillow... Ian T-1000, Japan Arch-top body w/USA Fusion neck.
    Last edited by walshula; 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM.
    I like black and white guitars

Nice collection! On the top of the couch, is that an LTD EX body with a Jackson neck?

Comment

Thanks bro... No it isn't. It is an 1 off of a 86/87 Gibson called an XPL Explorer that a fella traced at a Guitar Center in Mesa Arizona and sent the drawing w/ an OFR to Jackson in 1986. Is called an XPL Kelly on the hang tag and is of neck-through design. It has a few finish issues so i am about to ship it to Mike Learn to have her freshened up in the same platinum white. Hence the group shot, wanna to get one before I ship her out to him this week I should take a moment and name each of them too. All are USA made except the black one on the floor, it is a Japan body with an USA fusion neck. http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0cf1cadf.jpg
      Last edited by walshula; 08-19-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Awesome group of guitars! So which one is your favorite?

Comment

Thanks man.... The XPL Kelly by far is my favorite, it has a balance and feel that is unmatched. Second favorite is the half white/black mutt.

Comment

Yeah, you have some very cool stuff there!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love the diagonal b/w 1 hum!
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Great collection! Rock on!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Cool group for sure!

Any chance of getting a couple more pics and info of the diagonal b/w, the checkerboard and the more colorful soloist at the right end of the couch on the floor?

Comment

Thanks to all, the diagonal strat and checkered one are both mutts I put blank ebony USA JAckson necks on. The colorful one is a Bikini graphic fusion which I plan on selling/trading or possibly refinishing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                        Thanks to all, the diagonal strat and checkered one are both mutts I put blank ebony USA JAckson necks on. The colorful one is a Bikini graphic fusion which I plan on selling/trading or possibly refinishing.
                        Hey bro! How's that Broderick model on the left in the back of the second pic play?
                        Last edited by leftykingv2; 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM.
                        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

It plays great actually. It doesn't feel like any Jackson I have played but it is well balanced and has a nice feel. Tone is great and neck feels good. There are a few things I dislike but they are only cosmetic only.

Comment

Cool, thanks for putting up the extra pics.

They're great!!!! They look so 80's.

Comment

Still in awe...........
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X