Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless steel frets,what do you think ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel frets,what do you think ??

I'm considering if I should make this upgrade on my queuing CS Rhoads.

What do you think?

Go ahead if its still in the build stage.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Go ahead if its still in the build stage.
      Can you please tell me what's the other profit except not rust?

Comment

I would say the fret life lasts longer

Comment

Way longer life fret life, no rust and they are said to have a different tone.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks!
            Does the different of tone negative?

Comment

Some people said its brighter. However i dont think i have good ears like them

Comment

I've been reading comments lately about SS frets and as expected there seems to be differences of opinion. Some say they're brighter sounding and produce a "ping" sound when played. Others say the tone difference is minimal. Most agree they make string bends smoother because they're harder.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

When I order another CS Jackson stainless steel frets will be on it along with a Kahler Pro for sure. As a side, I had to sell all of my Jacksons over the last few years due to $$$$$$ issues. It suck`d but looking forward to another one hopefully in the near future.

Comment

Go with the SS frets! No rust, last longer, play and feel great. There is no noticeable difference in tone. You will love them.

Comment

Definitely go with SS frets.They last longer and feel glassier.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Thank you all above !!!
                        I have emailed Matt to make this upgrade.Hope not too late.

\m/ \m/

Comment

How would I tell if the frets on my guitar are nickel or SS? I recently bought a 1989 custom, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what it's got on it... the previous owner didn't have much information at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Apple View Post
                            How would I tell if the frets on my guitar are nickel or SS? I recently bought a 1989 custom, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what it's got on it... the previous owner didn't have much information at all.
                            I would suppose if the frets have oxidation / not shiney / grey looking, then they are not SS.

Maybe take a magnet to the frets?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Apple View Post
                              Well if it's from 1989, unless it's had a refret, they're nickel. Or as DonP said, test them with a magnet - stainless steel is mostly non-magnetic.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X