Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Strings come on Chris Broderick Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Strings come on Chris Broderick Soloist?

Do they come with 10's on them? I thought 9's come on all Soloists but these feel a little firmer?

Factory strings are the first thing to go when I get a new guitar.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Factory strings are the first thing to go when I get a new guitar.
      +1
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

That's why i'm asking. I want to change them out buy want what's on there.

Comment

Jackson by default uses Nickel Plated Steel strings in gauges .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042. They don't specify the brand, but if I had to make a choice at gunpoint I'd bet on Fender.

I doubt they use special strings on the Broderick sig, unless he has an endorsement deal with a string company and has an arrangement to have them used instead.

I'd just grab whatever brand you are comfortable with that has those gauges in a set, they wouldn't require much of a setup change.
          Last edited by Hellbat; 07-07-2013, 10:10 AM.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I thought they used D'Addario 9s at one time as standard. On the Mark Morton model, they use GHS Boomers 10 - 46. And I believe they use 10 - 52 or 56 on the Phil Collen model. Just use whatever you want; a setup isn't hard to do.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think what he's aying is he likes the size, but wants to replace them with the same size.

9s are the default for USA Selects, but artist models can use 10s, ot LTHBs.

Check the specs page?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A set of dial calipers can be bought fairly inexpensively. They are handy for many tasks including this.

Comment

I tried to check the specs page but it doesn't list them. You are correct I like what's on them, i just want to use them.

Comment

Try comparing to other strings you may have??

Comment

Chris Broderick himself uses Ernie Ball 10-46, maybe those are on the sigs as well.

Comment

When I received mine (7 string), I asked the supplier to change the strings to my favourites (D'addario EXL 110 -7 : 10 /59). I just needed to adjust the Low B, so I think it came with 10 / 56 (10 / 46 + 56 for the low B).
                        Hope it helps, we can assume 6 string comes with 10 / 46.
                        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Working...
                        X