Custom select soloist question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom select soloist question

Will they do a 1hum or H/S soloist with a non recessed Floyd?

No.

The available options list is here...

http://wpc.077d.edgecastcdn.net/0007...20WORKSEET.pdf

Comment

That pisses me off. All they have to do is drill a neck and a bridge pickup for the H/S pickup layout, not changing anything, it'll take less time and work! I don't know, I'm just frustrated because that's all I want in a guitar and Jackson wants me to order a full on CS.

Comment

Fuck it, I'm just gonna find an SL1 spec 90's Soloist in need of a refin and block the middle pickup before I get someone to paint it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
          Fuck it, I'm just gonna find an SL1 spec 90's Soloist in need of a refin and block the middle pickup before I get someone to paint it.
          That's what I did. I found a beat up 92 soloist and had it re-routed for H/S before I had it refinned.
          PICT1166.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

They dont offer those pup options because all the bodies were made before the run started. Thats how they cut down on the wait times
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Nice! Is that with a recessed floyd?
              Originally posted by Ward View Post
              That's what I did. I found a beat up 92 soloist and had it re-routed for H/S before I had it refinned.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6059[/ATTACH]
              That makes perfect sense, but I imagine just going up to the guy and saying "Save yourself an hour just skip the middle pickup" would help them and they'd add it for that reason.
              Originally posted by mr426 View Post
              They dont offer those pup options because all the bodies were made before the run started. Thats how they cut down on the wait times

Comment

Yeah I saw the spec sheet but was confused when it said SL2H is the only non recessed and shredders SL1 was NON recessed. The search continues.

Comment

Nice! Is that with a recessed floyd?
                  Yeah, it originally had a Jackson JT590 with the shorter bolts, but he also extended that route to accommodate an OFR.

Comment

I'm just frustrated because that's all I want in a guitar and Jackson wants me to order a full on CS.
                    I feel the same way. I've been wanting a single hum soloist for a long time. I've also thought about going the route of finding an older soloist in need of refin so I could have it retopped for just a single hum, but too much work with that. Just want to give you a heads up that another option is a GMW. They have a new SS line that you can customize the pickup configuration, regular or reverse headstock, regular or reverse inlays; choice of pickups and hardware, and choice of color or graphic. Here's a single hum white SS that just got finished up this week along with 2h version with a Chevron graphic that Ox Fox picked up a couple weeks and is now playing live.

I've looked into the Jackson custom shop option and wasn't too thrilled with the cost, nor the long wait for it. Maybe the Custom Select will eventually offer a single hum option. But in the meantime, I just placed an order for a single hum GMW SS with a graphic. Looking forward to that so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                      Yeah I saw the spec sheet but was confused when it said SL2H is the only non recessed and shredders SL1 was NON recessed. The search continues.
                      My understanding is this was a glitch on the options list. If you look at the line above it on the options sheet, it also (incorrectly) omits Soloist models from the list of those available with recessed Floyds. ...They can't both be true, right? LOL.

When I pointed this out and asked if SL1s w/non-recessed Floyds were actually an option, they allowed my order.

Comment

Yeah, mine too. Was a glitch.

I was told that they were going to be looking at allowing different pickup and control configs too..
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Cool, just blew a ton of money on a vaca with my kid and car issues. when the GAS $ is back i will need to look into a soloist, a full blown CS just isnt feasible at this point.

Comment

Working...
                          X