Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Adrian Smith, a custom shop?

Hey guys

I just saw a video where our man Chris Cannella says that the USA model is a custom shop model, and I have a faint memory of that being mentioned here on the forum.
    Is that correct? What's the deal exactly? A custom shop at such a "cheap" price?

Thanks

algeriet

It's a production guitar, like a USA Select.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I've actually heard the same thing as the OP. While it's a regular model, it does get built by the CS. I recently talked to a dealer who said he's been waiting about 2 years now for a couple of Adrian Smiths he has on order, which (as we all know) is CS wait time.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        It's a production guitar, like a USA Select.
        +1. Sounds like the usual "built in the custom shop" misunderstanding.

Anything made in USA is "built in the custom shop". But that doesn't make it a custom shop guitar. It's a USA production guitar.

Comment

I vaguely remember being told they aren't 'custom shop' guitars, but that they are made by the guys that build the custom shops, not the guys that build the USA selects.
          With that said, I think they started out building them as they were ordered, but when I ordered mine, they had started doing batches....maybe the USA select guys took over at that point. Just speculation.

Pat

Comment

My memory of the quote was "Built by the same guy(s) that builds Adrian's." but that was literally right when they launched. I wouldn't be surprised if they are built in batches assuming they were popular enough but I'm guessing the foreign made ones fill the need for the bulk of the buyers.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X