NGD #2: USA Custom Select King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD #2: USA Custom Select King V

OK, no more teasing. Seriously, apologies for the delay in posting this - it's just been pretty damn busy for me lately.

- KV2
    - Green sparkle finish
    - Gold hardware
    - Ebony fretboard with sharkfin inlays and ivoroid binding
    - Matching headstock with white 90s style logo
    - Seymour Duncan Custom and '59 pickups
    - Jumbo fret wire

On to the pics. I don't think my wife appreciated me referring to this guitar as my "other Irish lass"...

The set-up and tone from this guitar is dead on perfect. Other than raising the pickup height slightly, I won't be turning a screw on it. It plays amazingly, right out of the box. And it's got a very unique low-mid-rangy tone to it that I haven't ever experienced from another V. If I didn't know better, I would say this one sounds like korina or mahogany. And I cannot say enough great things about having a King V with real jumbo frets! Not those damn annoying "medium" jumbo, small, square-ish, train-track-cross-tie, clickity-clack things. Real jumbos rule!

Thanks yet again to Matt and Jay at Matt's Music, absolutely the best!
    Last edited by shreddermon; 06-22-2013, 03:02 PM.

That is stunning. I love sparkle, and always wondered what green sparkle would look like. Turns out it looks awesome!

That one sitting next to your purple must be amazing.

Comment

Super awesome!! What woods??

Comment

Can't.............hold ............it..............back..............uurr rrrggggghhhhh..........aaaaahhhhhhhh.............. ........damn, gotta change my pants now.

Not normally a gold hardware fan but it works so damn well on this green, which is unbelievably gorgeous, congrats again.

Comment

That is killer!

Comment

Looks great Pat - sparkles rule!!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Good god. That's an awesome KV.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Very cool! Green and gold..winner!
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Drool worthy. I never would have thought a green guitar could look so cool.

P.S. About time you got pictures up.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Sweet! And very sparkly
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Beautiful! HNGD!

Comment

I have a feeling your first Irish lass will be seeing less of you for the next while....

So far you are batting a thousand on your custom select orders.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks guys, enjoying this one.

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
                          Super awesome!! What woods??
                          Except for fretboard and quilt/flame-top options, woods can't be changed on Custom Select orders. So I assume it's the standard maple neck-through and alder body wings.

Comment

Green and gold, can't really go far wrong. Let's just say we've made the jokes about your missus going after your Lucky Charms for purchasing this and enjoy the pics.

Comment

Love the headstock match and pearl logo -congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X