NGD: USA Custom Select Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: USA Custom Select Soloist

OK, sorry it took so long to post this, but this finish is an absolute PITA to photograph. Very difficult to get good pics. After two failed attempts on my own part, props to my wife and Matt's Music, for getting these pics. Anyway, the guitar is as follows.

- SL1
    - Purple sparkle finish
    - Chrome hardware
    - Rosewood fretboard w/dot inlays and ivoroid binding
    - Matching headstock w/MOP inlay
    - Non-recessed Floyd Rose
    - HSS: JB, Custom Stacks

On to the pics. I present to you what might've been the secret love child produced by a 1980s three-way between Grover Jackson, Prince, and Elton John.

The good news is the guitar is pretty f'n sweet. The finish is awesome, pics just do not remotely do it justice. It plays, sounds, feels great. Love the neck, real nice flat spot just like an 80s Soloist. Which is really the vibe I was going for with the specs, too - think Jeff Beck-ish Soloist. The bad news is that it's going back to J/C to be fixed. Luckily the problem is relatively minor - when dive bombing the trem, the Floyd springs rub against the body in the back route. Seems like this should be an easy-ish fix, so hopefully I get the guitar back quickly. Otherwise, the guitar is everything I hoped for and more.

And, oh by the way, for those watching the clocks for order turn-around times: this guitar showed up about 2 months early. Sparkle finishes have a 180 day estimated turnaround, so this was way early.

Looks, um... very sparkly
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That's Hot! Damn nice selection.

Give me hope mine isn't too far behind. I have a sparkle color as well. I am 41 days out.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

that kicks ASS!!!!!!! congrats!!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Holy shitfire that's awesome! Love it...

Comment

I love anything sparkle, but that purple looks awesome!

Congrats.

Comment

Very cool Pat - looks great!!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wrong size trem block would be my best guess at the springs rubbing.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh my god that is awesome! HNGD!

Comment

I LOVE that purple flake! LOVE IT!!!!
                    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Great color and good to hear that it was ahead of schedule. Bummer to hear about the springs rubbing. Maybe they should have taken a little more time for QC to make sure it was setup properly so they could get it right the first time.

Comment

Cool looking guitar!

Bummer on the springs - hopefully and easy fix.

Comment

Cool guit! Congrats. Sorry to hear about the trem cavity issue.

Comment

I don't even have the words to describe how awesome that is...

Comment

That's a cool color! Love the non-recessed Floyd, too.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X