Trans Red Chris Broderick Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Red Chris Broderick Soloist

I love the top on the Chris Broderick Soloist 6 in Trans Red. These are pretty dang expensive and i've never seen a used one on the market. I see Jackson has some other guitars that are in Trans Red but it doesn't look the same to me as the Chris Broderick. Am I crazy? I went to the Jackson Custom Builder and when you select Trans REd it doesn't look the same either. What is it that makes that top look so great? How much do you think you can talk dealers down on a new one?

There was a used broderick soloist sold a fews weeks ago for around 1.5k mark.

The Trans red is slightly darker, and on quilted top too.

And yeh. These broderick soloist looks amazing
    Last edited by jahosy; 06-03-2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Can you get a quilted top on a custom order? I didn't see it as an option.

Comment

I'm sure you can.

$$$$$

Comment

I can't say for sure, but to me it looks like they stain the quilt with black before they shoot the trans red. This gives the top a much darker tone. The back looks like the standard trans red that they use on other USA Jacksons. But I'm not an expert on this. Maybe some of our other members with more guitar building and painting skills can shed some light on this.

Comment

I wish this guitar had fret markers, I'm not sure I can play without those.

Comment

If you love the guitar otherwise, a competent luthier can install dot markers easily enough.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's true. What I really love on this guitar is the top. I'm not even that big of a Broderick fan but you can't get that exact top anywhere else. I don't think.

Comment

Johnny is correct. Basically, it's just a different staining method that is used. It's very similar or the same as what PRS does, and Carvin's "triple step" stains. Basically, they first stain the quilt with a faint washed-out black. This thn gets sanded back slightly, so the black more deeply accentuates the quilt pattern. Then the final color (red in this case) is stained. Some people think it looks great, others think it looks overwrought and unnatural.

You can definitely spec this on a custom shop order, and the upcharge will probably be less than you think.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks these guitars aren't "Soloists"? IMHO, the body shape is so different, that I think Jackson should have given them a different model name.

Comment

How much is a custom Soloist just out of curiosity?

Comment

Depends on what you spec out. The custom shop's list price sheet is right on the Jackson website, then talk to a dealer about the discount they'll give from there. That will be significantly less than the full list price.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        BTW, am I the only one who thinks these guitars aren't "Soloists"? IMHO, the body shape is so different, that I think Jackson should have given them a different model name.
                        Nope. I always thought the same.

Comment

I priced out the spec sheet, it's pretty steep. Any idea what % i could expect off? I'm just trying to decide if it's even worth considering.

Comment

Originally posted by jw3571 View Post
                            I priced out the spec sheet, it's pretty steep. Any idea what % i could expect off? I'm just trying to decide if it's even worth considering.
                            Try dividing your total by 1.43, in my experience it will be pretty close; give or take.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on one of these this morning, i'll post pics when i get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X