Jackson Soloist SLS Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist SLS Custom Shop

I got my second CS Jackson. It´s a Soloist SLS. The Preowner had changed the PUs to EMGs. What type of PUs were mounted in stock? I don´t like EMGs so I will change them.

well, if it is a CS, then who knows? are you sure the EMGs aren't stock? if you are 100% sure they were changed, it could have just had duncans like many jacksons do? no matter what, that is a sweet guitar. just put in what you like, and rock!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It don´t have a battery-case on the back. And the preowner said, he had changed the PUs. OK...I will change them to duncans or dimarzios. I let you know!

Comment

That was a production model AFAIK.
        Put in whatever you like.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          That was a production model AFAIK.
          Put in whatever you like.
          No, the production models had 22 frets with the split sharkeye inlays and hardtail bridge. This one has 24 frets with dot inlays and TOM bridge. I remember seeing a couple of these Custom Shop models on ebay or some other site last year.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam is right, the US production sls are all 22 fret. The first version was 25.5" scale with a tom but the more recent version had a strat style hardtail and was 24.75". That was for US production as there were some other import models I don't remember the specs for. The first version came with sh4 in the bridge and 59 in the neck and the second was tb4/59. Neither could be replaced with emg without slightly enlarging the pickup cavity or shaving the emg corners down a little. The 24.75" scale production model is my all time favorite guitar and I've managed to get lucky a few times and pick up 3 of them as they don't pop up all that often.

Comment

Also, it says 'Custom Shop' on the headstock

Comment

CloseUp of the headstock. The Tuners are Sperzels.

Comment

Nice guitar. I would recommend Duncan Custom in the bridge and Jazz in the neck for cleans or creamy lead sound. If you want tighter leads then go Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck. Contrary to popluar thought, you can mix brands of pickups on the same guitar.

I have Sperzels on one of my guitars and I like them, but the locking wheel is a little bit like a pizza cutter to me. I prefer the thicker knurled knobs on the Schaller mini lockers, but other than that one complaint, the Sperzels are great.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The sperzels were stock on the production sls and are a great match for this headstock. Most of my others have the grover lockers but the sperzels really work on this model. I keep going back and forth between the jazz and the 59 in the neck on mine. I like the jazz better for anything kind of overdrive or distortion but the 59 set a little low for anything clean. I've tried a couple different things in the bridge for these but keep going back to the jb as it just seems to work well in them at least for me. It's weird because I don't like the jb in any of my others and most are all mahogany with maple caps as well. The production model was mahogany body with a maple top and three piece mahogany neck so if you do replace the pickups it would be interesting to see what the wood choice was being a custom shop. I've seen a few mahogany body / maple neck and at least one all maple with most of the customs having the 1 piece neck and scarf instead of the 3 piece neck. The 24.75" scale kv2t has the same neck if you want a similar feel in a v body. All black with that binding looks really cool, you definitely have one sweeeeeet guitar there.

Comment

Guys, thanks for your replies! The guitar have an 25,5" scale. I think about dimarzio PUs. Maybe the crunchlab & liquifire or the steve special & Air Norton.

Comment

Working...
                      X