Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing a Custom Shop order... Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a Custom Shop order... Is it possible?

If a Custom Shop order hasn't been started yet, can anyone tell me if it's possible to make minor changes to the spec?

Talk to your dealer straight away. The official line is that no, once it's been approved by the customer, the specs are set in stone (I was told that the work sheet gets sent to different 'branches' and so there's a risk that one area won't get the update). But at the same time, it's been done before. If your changes are truly minor (won't affect pricing, woods, graphics etc) then you might get away with it...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Neilli.

Comment

I will say this once you place the order and go changing things the builders see you as a pain in the ass.How do they know you won't change your mind again half way thru the build?
        I get all bent out of shape working on some one's guitar get it almost done and they call wanting to make changes.I have to take it all back apart rewire everything thing, or fit in a different neck or whatever dreading another phone call from the dick.
        A real sore spot for me sorry rant over nothing to see here move along.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's about good customer service. If you ordered thru a good dealer and don't change your mind every other day, he should be able to get it done for you. (assuming, it's minor).

I was at the CS for a tour and we went over my specs and made a minor change, very minor, but they were happy to work with me. In my case, the paper work needed no change, just a note added to specify the type of direct mount route.

Comment

Possible? Sometimes. More often, they'll just say no. (And rightly so.)

Difficult? Definitely.

Advisable? Nope. Not unless you "really, really" need the change for some compelling reason.

Comment

After you've confirmed your work order and before they actually start the build, they usually contact you to make sure that everything is right at which point the order will actually be finalized. That's the last chance to make changes... At least that's what they did on my two previous custom orders...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Simple solution............they could tell customers 'any change to an order after the build has started will cost an extra $2000', if that don't shut em up, the CS will make a shitload more money. Not such a pain in the butt then.

Comment

Your order gets pulled and stuck on the bottom of the list.

At least it should be.

Take the extra time and obsess over every detail before submitting the order.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Someone mentioned the idea that Jackson should sell build slots vs fully spec'd out orders, which I liked given the current wait time. After 2 years, I'd be itching to change a thing or two myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X