How much $$$ for a PC1 sustainer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $$$ for a PC1 sustainer?

I'm gonna rip out my PC1's sustainer. About how much money could I sell it for? just wondering.

I sold one of mine to a fellow JCF member for very little if I recall.

Might depend as to which version you have as not all are interchangeable between PC1's due to the switches and pots.

What year is your PC1?

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
      I sold one of mine to a fellow JCF member for very little if I recall.

Might depend as to which version you have as not all are interchangeable between PC1's due to the switches and pots.

What year is your PC1?
      The boards are interchangeable with minor wiring tweaks to the power supply side being the only difference between some boards.

As for price... Depends on the condition and how complete the setup is. Full harness/switch/pots, driver and board in good working order should fetch $200 - $300.
      If there are issues, a lot less.

I bought the one from Viktor for a good price. I'll let him decide if he wants to reveal the deal
      It was in rough shape and it was not a guaranteed working unit. (sent to me as non-functional)
      I still have to replace a few components and clean up the wiring harness, but the board itself is fully functional.

I also repaired his other sustainer that had a short and the trim pot settings were hosed.
      Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-16-2013, 12:37 PM.
      -Rick

Comment

I agree totally with what Rick said. My unit was not 100% functionally or else I would have kept it in the guitar rest assured.

It sold to him for $100 IIRC but I must stress that he went totally out of his way to address the issues with my other unit and shipped it back to me working better than ever!

For that alone I am totally grateful as he basically restored my fav PC1 and its never sounded better.

Comment

Working...
        X